Not enough protection

Hello,
I have a 2000 Mazda Protege ES, 1.8L, and I was recently involved in a car accident. The car accident had broken the coolant overflow bottle, and all the coolant had leaked out. The Autobody shop put in a new overflow bottle w/ new coolant. When I took my car in a couple of days ago, they told me that my coolant didn't have enough protection and that a flush was needed. How can this be when the coolant is so new? At this point, my car shows no sign of overheating.

i'm not really understanding what you mean by the coolant "doesn't have enough protection." sounds like they are taking you for a ride.

By protection, I think they mean that the coolant will not be able to protect the engine at certain temperatures...does that make any sense?

Improper mix of water and coolant, too much water at that. Take it back to the body shop.

By protection, I think they mean that the coolant will not be able to protect the engine at certain temperatures...does that make any sense?
I bet that your coolent wont protect the engine from freezing that is why they are saying you need to replace teh coolent

Alright. I think the protection was at -80 degrees (i dont know if it was F or C)... The mix needs to be 50/50 correct?

water is what does the cooling, antifreeze lowers the freezing point, increases the boilingpoint, and prevents corrosion. too much antifreeze will reduce the performance of the coolling system. if i were you i would just drain it and fill it with 50/50 premix,

Hi. Okay, so the coolant protection is -80 F...does that need flushing?

The car doesn't overheat, BTW.

And what is electrolysis?

Back