Non-CD also in the US for 2020 Mazda3

So do you know if this modified transmission is in all cars, or just those with CD?
Not sure. But if I were Mazda, I'd use the modified transmission in all cars to simplified the production line.

I wonder what Mazda considers a fulcrum to be. In the conventional sense, a fulcrum isn't a part, but a point were something pivots.

Just curious, what exactly has been modified on the transmission for CD-equipped engines?

According to the Service Manager at my dealership, the torque converter is stronger or heavy duty compared to the non-CD versions.

That's why you feel the grabbing or pulsing at very slow speeds.

Just passing on what he said after I complained about it.

Since then, I have gotten used to it and don't even notice it any more.

So let me do what I do best and ask a couple of silly questions, since I'm not real familiar with Mazdas.

CD has only come up in this forum in the context of the 2.5L in the CX-5.
-Are there other Mazda engines with CD besides the 2.5L?
-Are there any Model Year 2020 2.5L NA engines without CD being offered?
-Why do folks here think Mazda would manufacture the same size NA engine with and without CD? Are they trying to hit government numbers while reducing their exposure to this now-questionable technology?

For the USA, only the 2.5 has it but in Europe even the 2.0 L has it.

We bought a new 19' GT a little over a week ago. I have another vehicle in for inspection tomorrow and I'm going to check if the brand new one we drove off the lot has the CD recall applied

I wonder what Mazda considers a fulcrum to be. In the conventional sense, a fulcrum isn't a part, but a point were something pivots.

That's an interesting observation. It might lead one to believe it's a change in how it's mounted more so than a change with the transmission internals, since we're talking drive train vibration reduction.

I did a web search and cannot find any articles on this transmission except to say that it's new...there's nothing I found on the design or mechanics of it.

According to the Service Manager at my dealership, the torque converter is stronger or heavy duty compared to the non-CD versions.

Thanks guys

I'd still check the fluid level.

Back