2019~2024 New Mazda3 Turbo member

Hello all, new member, been a new Mazda owner for three weeks now (have owned a few used in the past). Picked up a 2.5 turbo hatch in machine gray. Looking forward to future mods but as of now it’s our gas saver.

Attachments

• 59CFF3C2-9283-4E39-92C2-2CF4C76D9239.jpeg
    59CFF3C2-9283-4E39-92C2-2CF4C76D9239.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 140
Welcome and thanks for joining up, @3turbo! Great to see another Turbo 3 on the Forums...Looking forward to seeing your updates and mods.

Cool pic btw...(y)

Thank you @cuzed2, I have a question, you are running different wheel/tire than stock, did you happen to weigh the stock vs aftermarket?

According to my bathroom scales, one of my wheels is north of 45 lbs, I’ve been looking at a 17x7 wheel 215-50/17 combo, rpf1/pilot sport as4, which that though can you tell a difference in your car with the lighter wheels tires?

I used a shipping scale and found the stock wheels to be ~50 lbs, and this aftermarket setup is coming in at ~45 lbs. The ride quality (smooth factor) seems to be the same, but the aftermarket combo is "grippier" especially on less than smooth roads.

Thank you, I know it’s marginal but acceleration and braking should be better and I would imagine city mileage would be slightly better too.

@3turbo So how have you been enjoying the 3-turbo model? Any problems with turbo or with engine with the extra stress? I am looking at a used turbo vs a new standard 2.5L and having a hard time deciding. I am currently driving an old BMW 3-series so I'd like the extra hp of turbo and AWD is attractive for handling.... not sure worth the extra expense and reduced fuel economy.

Back