New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK what the **** Mazda? Seriously. I don't even really care that much about AA or ACP as I have stated NUMEROUS times. But my god... to ONLY keep mentioning the 6?!? You are going to piss a lot of people off if you don't start talking about the rest of your cars...
Please share with me your thought process here? Don't want to overload your dealers? Stock issues?

OK what the **** Mazda? Seriously. I don't even really care that much about AA or ACP as I have stated NUMEROUS times. But my god... to ONLY keep mentioning the 6?!? You are going to piss a lot of people off if you don't start talking about the rest of your cars...
Please share with me your thought process here? Don't want to overload your dealers? Stock issues?

Wait so are we (USA or Europe) getting it or not?!

I think most of their vehicles will get it back to 2014 but this will likely be a very slow rollout going by how they've handled it (AA / ACP) thus far

Wait so are we (USA or Europe) getting it or not?!
I used to think so but now I'm starting to wonder. Mazda already treats its largest market poorly. Could they really go so far as to only give it to the 6 and future 2019 vehicles only? Why do they keep only mentioning the 6? Although this article seems legit there's nothing on Mazdas y'know, actual news site.

I sent a DM to MazdaCanada on twitter. Mentioned how it would be really special if they announced something about AA/CP for at least Canada since its 50 year anniversary. I received a response that they did make an announcement in March(?)

"At this time we do not have an official date for retrofit options, but they will become available this Fall. We can also only speak to Canadian plans and timing"

Well at least they responded :)

I think most of their vehicles will get it back to 2014 but this will likely be a very slow rollout going by how they've handled it (AA / ACP) thus far

Pretty sure only MazdaConnect systems which my 2014 most certainly does not have.

Not having even heard of or known about AA/CP before seeing people bitching about it on this board, meh.

Pretty sure only MazdaConnect systems which my 2014 most certainly does not have.

Not having even heard of or known about AA/CP before seeing people bitching about it on this board, meh.

I apologize, this is exactly what I meant. I'm not sure when they started putting Mazda connect in the vehicles. Was it 2015? I'm a slightly uneducated new Mazda owner :p

EDIT: I think it was 2014. Only some models didn't come with it mate ;)

I used to think so but now I'm starting to wonder. Mazda already treats its largest market poorly. Could they really go so far as to only give it to the 6 and future 2019 vehicles only? Why do they keep only mentioning the 6? Although this article seems legit there's nothing on Mazdas y'know, actual news site.

That is completely wacky. Not only are they treating there largest market like crap, but they are completely ignoring the car that represents 50% of all their North American sales!

I apologize, this is exactly what I meant. I'm not sure when they started putting Mazda connect in the vehicles. Was it 2015? I'm a slightly uneducated new Mazda owner :p

EDIT: I think it was 2014. Only some models didn't come with it mate ;)

Oh no worries, friend.

Yeah maybe it was the tech packages or something.

I asked Mazda USA on Twitter about other models. Not at this time. We are still working out the details for other models. They really dont know how to deal with customers. You know everyone is waiting on information and then only talk about the Mazda 6.

I love my Mazda, but yeah those guys in Irvine need to get their heads out of their butts and deliver. This could easily be a home run for them. My guess is they're going to charge us a few hundred dollars to retrofit that USB port, and upgrade the software. So I'll probably end up modding the hardware myself and side loading the OS manually when the time comes.

Supposedly all that is required is the new usb hardware and a software update. Trust me, they're gonna be slow with this lol just how it's gonna be unfortunately.

I love my Mazda, but yeah those guys in Irvine need to get their heads out of their butts and deliver. This could easily be a home run for them. My guess is they're going to charge us a few hundred dollars to retrofit that USB port, and upgrade the software. So I'll probably end up modding the hardware myself and side loading the OS manually when the time comes.

This right here

It's not them in Irvine, its Mazda Japan HQ that needs to take the lead here.

I asked Mazda USA on Twitter about other models. Not at this time. We are still working out the details for other models. They really dont know how to deal with customers. You know everyone is waiting on information and then only talk about the Mazda 6.
I saw your Tweet or one like it. Sounds to me like they are limiting to the 6 for now so they don't overload the dealers or frustrate customers. Makes sense I guess. If they rolled it out to all cars on Day 1 they'd be so swamped. Probably run out of product. And how annoyed would you be if you called to make an appt on Sept 1st and were told "Next available appointment is February 10th..."?

On the Official news Site now:
https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/apple-carplay-android-auto-availability-2018-mazda6/
I just do not understand Mazda... so if I buy a 2018 Mazda3 GT today... I don't get AA for free?

You don't get it at all if you buy a 2018 Mazda3 GT today and drive off the lot or wait for it to arrive at the dealership and then drive off the lot.

From the beginning, the 2018 Mazda 6 was mentioned as the first model to get AA/ACP.

Then later (with no ETA), other brand new models will get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back