NEMOC Random BS Thread

It is very logical to take discs from a manufacturer you trust. I will be trite if I say that winter is just the most dangerous time due to a large number of accidents. An equally commonplace thing is to provide your car with a high-quality grip with the roadway in order to minimize the risk of skidding. So, in this situation, you should give preference only to a trusted manufacturer.
? 🙄

I believe he is saying that Bruce is smart for using his former/known wheels/tires (discs/high quality grip) for winter use on the new 3.

Those JDM FD wheels are going to look great on the 3! Have you used spacers in the past Bruce? I am still shopping for a summer set of wheels and have contemplated picking up another set of OEM MX-5 17's cheap and having them powder coated. Considering the high offset, I would look to run a 15mm/20mm combo F/R, probably from Garage Line.

First time for me using spacers. From what I've read though anymore than 5mm you need to use longer studs. The only downside for me using the miata wheels and tires is the tire diameter. lost 3mph at 60 but with the low profile it handles better.

Ok and I have heard same. That is why I'm leaning towards Garage Line. Supposedly very good quality and they have the extended studs.

I would get the wheels you like with the correct offset. I'm not a fan of using spacers for more than 5mm. Your adding more weight and cost at the wrong place.

Are these wheels for the ND? Not sure what you mean about using original wheels from the miata?

That has always been my thinking regarding spacers too and why I am reluctant to do so.

Yes for the ND. I almost bought a used set of OEM 17's from another owner to use for summer. I planned on getting them powder coated. Seeing that they come with Mazda's high offset, I thought about the 15/20mm spacers to make them a little more flush.

Got a set of Rev Limiter gauge face plates!

Attachments

• D711D682-3CBA-4F57-BFBA-573256BA518A.jpeg
    D711D682-3CBA-4F57-BFBA-573256BA518A.jpeg
    251.2 KB · Views: 146
Anyone ordering parts for spring?

For me:
fan motor for the radiator
rebuild kits for the brake calipers
SS brake lines

Hoping to get the calipers PCed before the rebuild.

Have my 1st track day on Apr 30 at Calabogie.

Back