NEMOC Random BS Thread

I wouldn't have guessed that in a million years.

Congrats on the purchase. May she give you many years of faithful service :)

Thanks sean... loving the car so far..:)

here she is:

2012-11-15172046.jpg

2012-11-15172124.jpg

2012-11-15172107.jpg

2012-11-15172107.jpg

2012-11-15172213.jpg

Good afternoon everyone.. :)

Spending the last few hours with the speed6 before handing her over to the dealer.. :(
:( congrats though..

hi all, well we're packing up and throwing out the last of our stuff...actually the main floor of the house is pretty much the same, we'll pack that up last. we've got 22 coming for our LAST Thanksgiving here after 22 yrs.

dan, how's the car sales biz?

Mark! Don't leave us!!

Car sales is moving along. I have completed my training and I'm now a Certified KIA Sales Consultant! I have taken a few customers now, but not closed any deals yet. I'm seeing a lot of "credit challenged" people come through here. We're really good at finding financing, but it's not always do-able for the customers.
KIA is definitely a great product though. Car sales is, well...car sales, ya know?

Mark! Don't leave us!!

Car sales is moving along. I have completed my training and I'm now a Certified KIA Sales Consultant! I have taken a few customers now, but not closed any deals yet. I'm seeing a lot of "credit challenged" people come through here. We're really good at finding financing, but it's not always do-able for the customers.
KIA is definitely a great product though. Car sales is, well...car sales, ya know?

If my wife wants to trade her CRV in for a Sorrento or a Sedona, you're getting a phone call :)

All finished with the suspension and new wheels. I removed the blocks in the rear and installed ford courier front springs. I had to cut the springs down to size and one side turned out a little lower than the other (possibly due to the rotation of the spring) so I think I may need a rubber to get the height just right. I also need to let out a few psi in the rear...but as it stands...well, you decide :) Tires are 195/75R14.

P1050125.JPG

P1050117.JPG

P1050118.JPG

P1050121.JPG

P1050128.JPG

After taking it for a spin after dark, I came home and pulled the front grill off so I could make some adjustments to the lights...that's when I figured out the high beam issue. I've been avoiding using high beams because they blow 30a fuses...and I'm supposed to only have a 25a fuse. I didn't dare go any higher because the fuse box is already in poor shape from overheating.

I believe the issue is the bulbs...

Outer bulbs are 55/100w which is about 8a on low and 14a on high.
Inner bulbs are 55w which is 8a on high for a total of 22a on high.

Add that to the rear lights, marker lights, and interior lights and it goes way over 25a. My guess is that the low beam bulbs are supposed to be 55/60w not 55/100w. That would drop the high beam amperage from 22a down to 16a.

Mark! Don't leave us!!

haha....not going too far stoughton for now....hang in there, i'm betting you'll do well!

chris, truck looks awesome! love the b&w pic, looks like it could have been an ad from the era! nice job!

Last edited:
Good find Chris. No way the 100w are stock.

Anybody know of a way to get the pats game online?? None of the TV stations are carrying and so far I'm limited to listening live on internet radio only.

Getting frustrated.

Hey everybody. Going to head out front and start to put out the Christmas decorations in a few. Fam is coming over for dinner later and I work next weekend so going to take advantage of the 50 degree weather. Just re-arranged the living room to prep for the Christmas tree. Love the versatility of it! :) Excuse the fireplace...a replacement thermocouple is in the mail.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Chris, the truck looks great!!! Agree with Mark that the b&w shot could have been used in an ad. Good find on the lighting issue too.

So Mark, when is the first NEMOC meet at your daughters? haha Sounds like things are going good with the move.

Dan, congrats on becoming certified and wish you the best of luck!

Bruce....you are doing it all wrong. You are in Florida, you get live coverage of Miami. ;) hehe Oh yeah, they stunk it up Thursday night on live tv...that was painful to watch and yes, I did watch.

So, any of you former/current Protege5 owners have a set of amber bumper markers you want to get rid of? Car failed inspection Friday because mine are tinted with nite shades. Took the car to a different mechanic this year for inspection (to save $40) and he won't sign off on the car as-is. The damn markers have been tinted for six years now...he's afraid I'll get cited and then the cops will come after his station for putting the sticker on.

Attachments

• LoveSac - Christmas 2012.jpg
    LoveSac - Christmas 2012.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 108
  • LoveSac - Christmas 2012-1.jpg
    LoveSac - Christmas 2012-1.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 105
Place looks great Jeff. Miami?? Don't make me laugh.

Actually watched the game in a neighbours rig who had slingbox. Only problem was he is a Colt's fan. I keep waiting for him to kick me out in the 2nd half. Wow 59-24!!

agreed. the more I see this wheel/tire combo, the more I like it.

That RePu is freaking awesome :D

Thanks guys. I wanted to do something a little different...yet somewhat period appropriate. The skinny tires were key. Not many options for tall 14" skinnies but after poking around tire rack I found the BF Goodriches (and that subsequent Ford Courier photo I posted a few weeks ago). Its a common tire used by VW Thing and Type2 bus owners coincidentally.

However, the look does come at a cost. The combo is heavy. And grip is minimal. But it makes it more fun. I've already locked up the rears and done a few accidental wheel spins. With no weight in the back it gets very tail happy. :) I think my next mod might be an LSD conversion. A guy on the REPU forum manufactures an adapter plate so you can mount a FC torsen LSD in the REPU axle. Maybe I'll tackle that next year.

Good news on the highbeams. New bulbs solved the issue. I was able to run all 4 highbeams long enough to adjust the dispersion...so no more fear of flipping them on on dark back roads anymore.

Up next? Still looking for original center caps. I need some ducting so the defroster will work (driving in the rain without it requires a rag to wipe the windshield). And I'm also thinking of fabricating a center console like the optional one seen in magazine reviews and brochures. I might put speakers in the kickpanels too...but I'm worried that going overboard with audio will stress the already weak electrical system. Many people upgrade to FB internally regulated alternators...but that's a whole project and would take away from the originality...so I don't know.

Back