NEMOC Random BS Thread

Great pic Mark. How is that tranny swap going? Last I saw you had it removed.

Enjoy Bruce! Is this the only time that you and Mary get to see her?

Hah. Moving tomorrow to Satellite Beach FL. Will be there for the month of March. Get to see my youngest daughter tomorrow Yeah!!!

Great pic Mark. How is that tranny swap going? Last I saw you had it removed.

Enjoy the time with daughter Bruce! Just got back from my daughter in NC.
Well I have the 6 speed out, and I'm shipping that off later this week.
Robins birthday is today so big pahty tonight!
The 5 speed will go in next week, I hope!

Hello! Been awhile since I've been on, everybody getting ready for Spring and Summer? That first mow of the season will be coming soon.

Sean, which recall is it that you have? I got a letter recently for the sticky dash in our 2010 but it doesn't show signs of it so I filed the letter for use later if needed.

It's an issue on cold days only. Cant' say I've had the issue. I also don't tend to be at WOT extraordinarily often.

Here's the text from Mazda:
On certain subject vehicles, the powertrain control module (PCM) may wrongly detect a misfire when accelerating with high engine rpm (more than 5,500 rpm) and with wide-open throttle in cold weather conditions below 32 F (0 C), due to improper control logic of the PCM. Under such condition, a malfunction indicator light may flash and the PCM may fall into failsafe mode, which can restrict the throttle opening and cause a lack of power.

No, we see about 2-3 times a year, which is more than we used to see her when she lived in Halifax NS.

Enjoy the time with daughter Bruce! Just got back from my daughter in NC.
Well I have the 6 speed out, and I'm shipping that off later this week.
Robins birthday is today so big pahty tonight!
The 5 speed will go in next week, I hope!

Congratulate Robin on her birthday for us.

Good luck with the 5 speed.

Waiting for the wind to die down so I can paint the rims at some point. Need to pickup some new tires for the start of autox season. Would like to get the 71R's again but they don't last me the year. Will probably fall back to the new Star Specs as they seem to last the year.

I'm thinking about picking up an FB to have some auto-x fun in. I'll use it as a commuter when I don't want to drive the CX9. I know it won't be as competitive as a Miata but I am just not comfortable in Miatas. Going to look at one this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll tell her Bruce!
Chris, an FB eh? Turbo? Cool!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalki

Last edited:
Not in the US. There was a JDM turbo limited edition. Blue through carb. Very rare. They didn't offer a turbo in the US until the TurboII FC.

Lol Bruce...funny how that happens. And nice little write up. I didnt see the date initially and was wondering about the non painted wheels. Duh

Please wish Robin a belated Happy Birthday from us Mark!

Any fellow m.net members or anyone in general following the BAT auctions lately? A 99 Miata with 10K miles nust sold for 14.5K!!! No special or ltd edition...just a green low mileage NB...crazy!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I check BaT regularly but I hadn't seen that closing price. A '79 RX7 with 26k sold for $8k on BaT recently. That's one of the higher prices I've seen. Occasionally I see dealers listing first gens for over $10k but I don't think they actually sell. The one I'm going to look at this weekend has 21k!

New edition to the family
915b971801c2a5ced00865c5cdb50cdd.jpg

Back