NEMOC Random BS Thread

Washed our MS3 in our garage in preparation for the clear bra tomorrow morning. It was 18 here in NE Ohio too

Morning everyone. I'm in the office today but the kids are home running up my electric bill with lights and tvs on. lol Another windy cold day here and they are forecasting ice again for tomorrows morning commute....yay

Feeling a little old today....picked up a driving manual from the DMV on Saturday for our daughter to start studying (she can get her permint on June 7th) and ordered a prom dress for her yesterday. :'(

Morning everyone. I'm in the office today but the kids are home running up my electric bill with lights and tvs on. lol Another windy cold day here and they are forecasting ice again for tomorrows morning commute....yay

Feeling a little old today....picked up a driving manual from the DMV on Saturday for our daughter to start studying (she can get her permint on June 7th) and ordered a prom dress for her yesterday. :'(

Damn Jeff, you are old! I am off today, but preparing reports for my boss for tomorrow. So I am working in a sense.

Morning all. Another nice day. I assume a holiday today for most?
Yes, we'll its one of those holidays we can work or take off. I was going to go in, but the protege developed a power steering leak. So I took it my mechanic for my son. He had to work, and it's a new job and I didn't want him to lose a days pay....he drove the car one day and his new driveway had a oil stain. Anyway, the tranny cooler developed a leaked so we by passed it. A new cooler line was like 120$.

Welcome to the club Jeff! It's not all bad! :)

Last edited:
Damn Jeff, you are old! I am off today, but preparing reports for my boss for tomorrow. So I am working in a sense.

Thanks Marlon....feel soooooo much better now. :p And you and Lauri are crazy for washing the car in those temps...wait, am I showing my age again? haha

Yes, we'll its one of those holidays we can work or take off. I was going to go in, but the protege developed a power steering leak. So I took it my mechanic for my son. He had to work, and it's a new job and I didn't want him to lose a days pay....he drove the car on day and his new driveway had a oil stain. Anyway, the tranny cooler developed a leaked so we by passed it. A new cooler line was like 120$.

Welcome to the club Jeff! It's not all bad! :)

My office closes the week between Christmas and New Years so today is considered a 'floating Holiday'. Sux to hear about the car but way to be a good dad and save him a day's pay! :)

Thanks but I'm not in the AARP club yet. :p hahaha I'm sure it isn't all that bad but having trouble convincing myself.

im at work as well. i know many others arent due to the fact that my temporary longer commute took no time at all today.

might be picking up another bike tomorrow after work. just need to make sure i wont be boning myself when it comes time to get an apartment with a friend of mine in a few weeks

I've officially left the Mazda family and bought a car today. 01 Saab 9-3 with 117k miles and 0 rust. Was able to get the car on a lift and take a look underneath before buying it.

Thanks Marlon....feel soooooo much better now. :p And you and Lauri are crazy for washing the car in those temps...wait, am I showing my age again? haha

My office closes the week between Christmas and New Years so today is considered a 'floating Holiday'. Sux to hear about the car but way to be a good dad and save him a day's pay! :)

Thanks but I'm not in the AARP club yet. :p hahaha I'm sure it isn't all that bad but having trouble convincing myself.
na, not the aarp club, the dad club...watching your kids grow up and getting the lic and all. wait till she leaves with the car for the first time without you!
I've officially left the Mazda family and bought a car today. 01 Saab 9-3 with 117k miles and 0 rust. Was able to get the car on a lift and take a look underneath before buying it.
nice find ash!!

Not yet, need to pull the roof rack off and the stereo out, as well as whatever else I want. Probably going to wait until it's slightly warmer and try to sell it for small money or bring it to the junkyard.

Noooooo not a Saab! :( My daughter had that car. I hope yours is in better condition. It was nice at first, but became problematic quickly.

It's in immaculate condition, actually. Very well taken care of in the past, and it seems to have been a family car considering the amount of crackers and toys I found under the rear seat. I actually completed my first mod today: pulled the fuse for DRLs since I don't actually want my lights on all the time.

I have a couple friends who have had these and modded them and loved them. There's actually a Saab speed shop in the next town over, and I'm bringing the car over there this week or next to have them go through it completely.

Josh, what problems did you guys have with it?

BDd_st9CcAAKbsC.jpg

Not yet, need to pull the roof rack off and the stereo out, as well as whatever else I want. Probably going to wait until it's slightly warmer and try to sell it for small money or bring it to the junkyard.

what kind of rack did you have? I just got a thule system for the fit, and I'm looking for a good bike rack for the roof :)

I'd wager that they were mostly ignition and electrical issues. Saabs are famous for them. Just stock up on the ignition cassette packs. That generation of 9-3's liked to eat them.

With that said, Saabs are weird comfy cars that are a joy to drive. Best of luck, Ash :)

I have a Thule, which will be going on the Saab once the fit kit shows up. I have 1 front-wheel off MTB compatible rack and 1 both wheels on rack that has an arm to attach to the bike.

I'd wager that they were mostly ignition and electrical issues. Saabs are famous for them. Just stock up on the ignition cassette packs. That generation of 9-3's liked to eat them.

With that said, Saabs are weird comfy cars that are a joy to drive. Best of luck, Ash :)

I thought I had a weird electrical problem yesterday. Turns out the unlock button was stuck down by accident and was setting off the alarm. Whoops!

I was thinking about picking up one of the sidearm style carriers. Is there an advantage to the one wheel off? There really wasn't one from what I could tell. I haven't put the rack on the honda yet. I'm waiting until I can wash all the salt off etc.

It's funny buying 47 inch aero bars though. The sales guy was like "uhhhhh, you must have a really small car.. what is this going on???"

I prefer the both wheels on ones, but I just happened to get my racks with the one wheel off one. It also accepts bikes with disc brakes so I usually just use it for the cross bike.

Back