NEMOC Random BS Thread

Hey Nepoc.

Looks great Oleg. Not sure I would've gone with 17's.

Busy night last night for Mia.

Changed the oil, tranny and diff fluid and installed 4 new Conti DW's. Pretty beat by the time I got home. Tonight I raised the suspension a half inch and tomorrow it goes in for a wheel alignment.

Last race of the season on Monday.

Afternoon fellers.

NEM6 is currently discussing possible dates for the mountain climb. We're almost positive that it will be Saturday, June 1st. I'll let you know when we've booked the date.

And please let me know if this won't work for you. Thanks.

What's shakin'? Car is going in tomorrow to hopefully get this clunk diagnosed and then I can work on getting it fixed. Damn thing is driving me crazy.....lf corner when you push down on the fender, creaks/groans when going over speed bumps in the front and clunks like crazy in the rear when I back out of my driveway.

LRP is a no go...once again. :( Really wanted to make it up this year but got some other priorities I need to take care of. Have fun guys/gals!!! And please post up pics/vids. (2thumbs)

This mountain climb next year sounds very interesting though. I might just have to sign up. :)

BTW, anyone have decent price/performance ratio body shops recommendations in the Boston area? Trying to see where I can get the spoiler repainted w/o getting ripped off.

yeah, saturday probably works the best.
OK, Saturday it is! Let's make it 11am and not earlier, I got some stuff to take care of that morning.

What's shakin'? Car is going in tomorrow to hopefully get this clunk diagnosed and then I can work on getting it fixed. Damn thing is driving me crazy.....lf corner when you push down on the fender, creaks/groans when going over speed bumps in the front and clunks like crazy in the rear when I back out of my driveway.

LRP is a no go...once again. :( Really wanted to make it up this year but got some other priorities I need to take care of. Have fun guys/gals!!! And please post up pics/vids. (2thumbs)
Aww too bad on the LRP!

Could it be swaybar links? Worn out bushings? (Trailing arms?) Does it handle funny?

LRP is a no go...once again. :( Really wanted to make it up this year but I suck!
fixed!
BTW, anyone have decent price/performance ratio body shops recommendations in the Boston area? Trying to see where I can get the spoiler repainted w/o getting ripped off.
i do, call me tomorrow

OK, Saturday it is! Let's make it 11am and not earlier, I got some stuff to take care of that morning.

Aww too bad on the LRP!

Could it be swaybar links? Worn out bushings? (Trailing arms?) Does it handle funny?

Too bad Jeff, but I'm going with Mark, you suck.

Nice work Josh.

Got Mia aligned tonite. All set for Sunday. Have to relearn the car with the new tires.

Morning NEMOC - TGIF.

I'd like to let you all know that we've all but finalized a date. We're going to schedule the mountain climb for Saturday, June 1st 2013.

It will be a dusk tour with possible BBQ before we drive up.

It's slowed down quite a bit unfortunately, not too worried about it but we're up to 22 confirmed registrants.

I tried contacting a few buddies in the Rx8 club but no one has replied yet.

I emailed the lady who coordinates the events and hopefully will hear back from her today.

Oh and I developed some NEM6 business cards, we're going to be plopping those on some local 6's once the first 500 cards arrive. That should get more than enough attention.

Had a chance to drive Oleg's P5 last night. Such a great car. I'd buy it all over again. So much more nimble than the MS6. The LSD was a nice treat pulling away from stop lights but I wasn't a big fan of the short shifter. It took some getting used to.

Afterward, I had Oleg drive my car to inspect the brakes. He thinks a little bleeding might help but most of what I'm feeling is the Hawk HPS pads which just aren't as grippy as some of the other pads I've had. It just takes more pedal input to get them to bite hard. Oleg also reminded me that I should be turning off TCS more often as he drifted a left hand turn from a stop.

Back