Navigation accuracy

Craig-CX9

I have an '07 GT AWD with factory Nav. I noticed that the navigation has recently been "missing" intersections. Under nav control, we will approach an intersection and stop and the navi thinks that we are somewhere just short of the intersection. It really stinks when you are driving along and pass through the intersection where you are supposed to turn! It's not until AFTER theintersection that you get the BING, left turn please! Is there a calibration procedure like there is for the compass?

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Craig

I recommend you go the dealer and have it checked out. The car should be under warranty.

njerald - that's cool.. thank you. where did you find that? And is there any merit to selecting the "change tires" option under calibration? What does that do?

Thx again,
Craig

njerald - that's cool.. thank you. where did you find that? And is there any merit to selecting the "change tires" option under calibration? What does that do?

Thx again,
Craig

This calibrates the nav to a tire size other than the OE factory size, for those who have gone with an off-size tire replacement.

However, it does nothing to mitigate the speedo error caused by the off-size.

Thx. I remember reading how the nav system uses GPS and tire rotations together to determine location based on the absolute (GPS) and relative (tire rotations) references.

Thanks again,
Craig

Back