Mp5 supercharger ?

Johnyb82

:
Mazda protege5
Hey everyone this is my first post I have a 2002 mp5 looking to do forced induction unfortunately mine is an automatic so I'm thinking that a supercharger would be the best way to go does anybody know if the ROTREX supercharger kit for the Miatas will work on an mp5 any help or info would be appreciated

Only one KIT will work on a protege, and its one that was made in taiwan and very hard to find. Nobody makes any sort of kit for these cars anymore lol
Im sure you could retro one, a few people have used a SLK supercharger and had pretty good results

Throw enough money at it and it'll work. There's no SC kit for a protege though. :(

Miata=RWD=nightmare to make something from one fit on a FWD protege.

Throw enough money at it and it'll work. There's no SC kit for a protege though. :(

Miata=RWD=nightmare to make something from one fit on a FWD protege.

Yeah I can understand how that's normally the case I was looking on the ROTREX website and I know pictures can be misleading but from the way it sits in the engine compartment there should be enough room and the way it mounts to the engine is the same

There is an electric supercharger that is being developed for older Camrys. It can give up 50hp in short bursts.

The actual supercharger is only half of your worries, tuning is the other. Unless you're wanting to run Megasquirt or similar, forget much more than 6psi.

The most reliable form of forced induction is a MSP turbo setup swap. Good for 50hp reliably on only 6psi.

There is an electric supercharger that is being developed for older Camrys. It can give up 50hp in short bursts.

The actual supercharger is only half of your worries, tuning is the other. Unless you're wanting to run Megasquirt or similar, forget much more than 6psi.

The most reliable form of forced induction is a MSP turbo setup swap. Good for 50hp reliably on only 6psi.

Let's not forget about forged internals beyond stock MSP boost.

msp turbo setup can be had real cheap but you will require an aftermarket ems as you wont be able to run the msp ecu. im pretty sure you should be able to run a split second ftc, or the unichip q just fine on the auto. but you will definitely need one to control the timing. id say on an auto you should be fine up to 10 or 12 psi even on the stock msp turbo. just be gentle to your transmission. upgrade the valve body at minimum.
lots of vancouver people did it. i doubt they are around here anymore, but maybe their email address's are the same? look up Users Falango and NIV. I wouldnt bother with a super charger though.. there are enough msp aftermarket parts out there that are 100% bolt on, turbo is definitely where you should be.

there isnt any lag to speak of with the stock 2554r. if anyhting it leave you wanting more up top, but who knows how that will change at 10-12 psi.

Back