Mohican Fun Run ~ Saturday Sept 1, 2012

Ok, I will bite. I'm in and bringing the 7.

What kind of handheld radio? CB, or cheap 2 mile? I have to dig up and see if I can find one. Im not sure if they got tossed or not.

Cheap 2 mile type radio. There is also a Pizza Hut in Loudonville with an outdoor eating area for lunch.

I'm going to bail on this. I thought I would meet Ivan at his place and ride along. But he's going to C-bus afterwards and I don't really want to drive the Milly 3 hours for a 30min ride along. Sorry, guys.

We will have to have a big cookout in the fall before Phen leaves for China though.

Thanks for the offer, Thomas. But I'll just spend the weekend wrenching instead. I really need to get more done on my swap so I can actually drive at the auto-x's and fun runs. haha.

No problem, I just thought I would offer.

I would be wrenching instead, however, I am still waiting on some crank cap bolts that I didn't order earlier.

Exactly how spirited is this run? And what kind of 50 activity should I expect? Other than 71 being the most over-patrolled road ever. Just wondering, I don't need a ticket.

Exactly how spirited is this run? And what kind of 50 activity should I expect? Other than 71 being the most over-patrolled road ever. Just wondering, I don't need a ticket.

spirited enough. from my perspective, which is usually leading group one, maybe hit 60 or a bit above, some roads have some good curves and elevation changes and blind turns ... they are mostly all back, off the beaten path, roads, i've yet to see a 5-0 anytime we've done this ... you have to keep your eyes open for wild turkeys in the road, deer, people walking, amish buggies ... usually the front person will call all that out. that's mostly why it's important to have a radio, more for listening for information about what's ahead then for talking ...

spirited enough. from my perspective, which is usually leading group one, maybe hit 60 or a bit above, some roads have some good curves and elevation changes and blind turns ... they are mostly all back, off the beaten path, roads, i've yet to see a 5-0 anytime we've done this ... you have to keep your eyes open for wild turkeys in the road, deer, people walking, amish buggies ... usually the front person will call all that out. that's mostly why it's important to have a radio, more for listening for information about what's ahead then for talking ...

And it's always nice when a group leader has a navigator. The last two fun runs, I've led the fast group and have had a navigator. Soooo much easier.

Sounds like fun

I couldn't find a radio, so I have a set ordered to be delivered tomorrow by lunch

Let get a count of people going, we may have to reschedule if we do not have enough.

after discussion with Marlon ~ and having only 7 cars committed, vs up to 20 on previous runs ~ we are going to CANCEL the run for THIS weekend and RE-SCHEDULE for a later date ... any thoughts on Sept 22 or into Oct? in Oct the leaves will be looking nice down there ; ) just sayin' ...

Sorry to those that have committed, but we WILL RESCHEDULE in the next few weeks!! Stay Tuned!!

Sad to see the event has been cancelled, but I guess it's better to do when more people can show up. Looking forward to a reschedule date!

i never posted that we were going, but we were planning on it. glad i checked before driving down tomorrow.

i'll watch for the reschedule.

I would be certainly be down to go when the reschedule hit's. I seen some people doing a meet at the
Prairie Oaks Metropark today but it was with some chanda's. I don't live far from that location,(Hilliard area) if anyone has time free next week to meet around there an grab bite to eat, or wash the car's, sounds good?

Back