Mohican Fun Run ~ Saturday Sept 1, 2012

Coppertone

:
'04 Mazda6s Hatch
*** UPDATE: after discussion with Marlon ~ and having only 7 cars committed, vs up to 20 on previous runs ~ we are going to CANCEL the run for THIS weekend and RE-SCHEDULE for a later date ... any thoughts on Sept 22 or into Oct? in Oct the leaves will be looking nice down there ; ) just sayin' ...

Sorry to those that have committed, but we WILL RESCHEDULE in the next few weeks!! Stay Tuned!! ***

it's time for our annual Mohican Fun Run! for those of you who don't know, this is a spirited ride through the Mohican State Park area ... we leave from the McDonald's on Rt 97 (exit 165 off I71) and head south on 97 through Bellville and then take some fun back roads and end in Mohican State Park for a cook out. We will stop along the way at Pleasant Hill Dam for pictures. The ride takes about an hour or so ... I am hoping to reserve the picnic shelter at Gorge Overlook for our cookout.

10am meet at McDonald's @ OH97 and I-71 (exit 165 off I-71)
Roll out at 1030a ~ BRING TWO WAY RADIOS!

1. Lauri & Fez (this time I'M DRIVING!!) ; ) so no zoom, zoom boom!! : (
2. Marlon
3. JohnaCharles93
4. Ivan
5. Vikonic
6. tweiss
7. Larry, Jenny, Andrew
8. Codex ?
9. Corey ?

** this list is updated as of 8/30 at 1130am - with this little amount of people we won't bother with cooking out, we'll just grab lunch somewhere ... I've also been keeping an eye on the weather. 30% chance of rain/isolated thunder showers ... I guess that depends on how Isaac is moving. Will keep you posted. Please check this first post before you head out Saturday morning for any last minute updates/info!! **

Last edited:
Picnic shelter at the overlook is awesome. That's where we were for my first Mohican.

I'm in! I'll probably just try to hitch a ride with someone, the Milly isn't fun run material.

If I have the day off from work I'll come out (keeping fingers crossed). Hopefully I won't be 3 for 3 on FS motors going bad in that area of Ohio this time ;)

This fun run is scheduled for this year, Thomas. Haha! Just kidding, man.

Hey, I was told this Friday or Monday the machine shop will have my stuff done. Provided I can get the motor together in a week (which is possible) I could make this with the 6.

Gotta work, plus my car may not be back from the shop by this. Have fun though. I need to get out with everyone again!

Hey, I was told this Friday or Monday the machine shop will have my stuff done. Provided I can get the motor together in a week (which is possible) I could make this with the 6.

Probably a TERRIBLE idea to go on this run during the motor break in period.

Gotta work, plus my car may not be back from the shop by this. Have fun though. I need to get out with everyone again!

Excuses, excuses.

What kind of food items do we need for the cookout?

Good call. I'm going to say all the regular stuff. Burgers, hot dogs, buns etc. I'm sure Marlon will chime in and let us all know the details.

Back