Mazda5 Interior / Cargo Flexibility Photos

Today was grass day for some minor landscaping work at the house.

30 pieces of 16"x24" sod in the back of the 5. It probably could have held 35, but weight would be an issue, not volume.

attachment.php

Yes, it is a 240 (not mine, just grabbed picture to illustrate.

This is mine:

Prop after hauling some JBL PA speakers
P6265500_resize.JPG

Minimal camping trip in Oregon
P5170081_resize.JPG

P5160062_resize.JPG

Somewhere between Vancouver & Whistler + drive-by Mazda content
P9060145_resize.JPG

Hauled some yard stuff over the weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0733.JPG
    IMG_0733.JPG
    353.9 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_0734.JPG
    IMG_0734.JPG
    319.4 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0735.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_0736.JPG
    IMG_0736.JPG
    247.9 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0737.JPG
    IMG_0737.JPG
    306 KB · Views: 331
No pic, but a quick story.

I purchased the 5 for the cargo capacity. My son plays hockey, has a mini locker room kind of wheeled hockey bag. It would barley fit in the trunk of my Sebring, just in between the speaker sections. No room for anything else, his stick would be in the front passenger seat or in the back seat with him. Then I became the assistant coach and needed to bring my hockey back and stick. They were also in the seating area with us. So when I looked for something new (to me) the 5 hit it perfectly, sticks lay down the middle of the back of the car, both hockey bags fit side by side. Still room for 4 people to sit.

So the other day my wife called and said I needed to swing by the inlaws house to pick up the 50" TV that had been delivered to bring it home. No worry on my end, I knew I could just fold the second row down and it would fit no problem. She was worried it wouldn't fit in the car. I was like, the old car, not a chance, this car, not a problem. Easy as pie. Love the flexibility I get.

Did some bathroom renos this weekend needed a tub. Fit beautifully! The tub surround walls did not fit so easily. The box was over 80" long, so I had to prop one end of the box up on the front seats with headrests removed. Let's just say it was the most uncomfortable drive home for a 6'1" person.

2hxnink.jpg

Did some bathroom renos this weekend — needed a tub. Fit beautifully! The tub surround walls did not fit so easily. The box was over 80" long, so I had to prop one end of the box up on the front seats with headrests removed. Let's just say it was the most uncomfortable drive home for a 6'1" person.

2hxnink.jpg

Well Done!

Hello all,
Rather new here. Would it be ok to get some help to take some measurements of the length of cargo area with the 2nd row seats totally removed and passenger seat push all front.
I am trying to buy a MAzda5 (1st gen) and set up a camping van.
I saw on the forum that the cargo length with the seats folded up is 67". Highly appreciate if a kind owner can take the measurement for the total length with the 2nd row seat removed and all to front passenger seat backrest ?

Hello all,
Rather new here. Would it be ok to get some help to take some measurements of the length of cargo area with the 2nd row seats totally removed and passenger seat push all front.
I saw on the forum that the cargo length with the seats folded up is 67". Highly appreciate if a kind owner can take the measurement for the total length with the 2nd row seat removed and all to front passenger seat backrest ?
Just in case you did not know, the 2nd row is not designed to be "easily removable" like by pulling a lever or something. You would have to actually unbolt each of the rear seats, and hardware.

Please follow up with any pics if you proceed with your project. I have always had a dream of a Mazda5 "Westfalia" Camper.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I have one of my 2nd row seats removed for putting my wheelchair behind the drivers seat. It came out by removing 2 or 4 bolts, can't remember exactly. I'll measure length to back of driver's seat this evening.

950 lbs of rocks pic 1 and 2

then piled on 685lbs of tiles

final pics are rocks + tiles = 1635 lbs

Attachments

• ROCK.jpg
    ROCK.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 258
  • rock2.jpg
    rock2.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 226
  • tiles.jpg
    tiles.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 219
  • ROCK AND TILES.jpg
    ROCK AND TILES.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 282
950 lbs of rocks pic 1 and 2

then piled on 685lbs of tiles

final pics are rocks + tiles = 1635 lbs

Dude.... you realize you were about 450 lbs over the Gross Vehicle Weight Restriction for you vehicle right? Then add another 180 lbs for a driver = about 630 lbs over... that is very dangerous, not just for yourself and your car, but for other drivers on the road.

Back