Mazda MX-5 Miata Newbie

Hey guys, new to Miata fanbase. My family owns one, and they share it, but some stopped using it because they were tired of getting teased driving around in a girl's car. That won't bother me. Anyways, I have no idea what gen to buy. We have a NB Auto, and they swear by it. But, I am looking something for around $5,000 or so. Would a NA Manual be the only way to go? Or can I upgrade to an NB standard or even a really used and beat up NC? ND is of no interest to me at all. Thanks for your help. Laser.

Check out m.net and the forums over there. There is a TON of information over there.

Welcome and yes, you can find more info over on m.net as Nik mentioned.

Sorry to say though, you aren't going to find much in the $5,000 range given the current market. At this point that price will get you a very high mileage NA/NB (over 100K) that will more than likely need some work.

Double your budget and you can buy a 2008 PRHT Sport (base model) NC with 136K miles on the odometer selling for $9700. I only know of this one as it is on the local clubs Facebook page.

Wish you luck in your search!

Welcome @LaserSTC, I hope you find the info you’re looking for here and keep us updated. :)

Also, thanks @CTt3P5 for jumping in here and helping LaserSTC out with direct answers and info. It helps the OP, this thread and our Community. (y)

Hey guys, new to Miata fanbase. My family owns one, and they share it, but some stopped using it because they were tired of getting teased driving around in a girl's car. That won't bother me. Anyways, I have no idea what gen to buy. We have a NB Auto, and they swear by it. But, I am looking something for around $5,000 or so. Would a NA Manual be the only way to go? Or can I upgrade to an NB standard or even a really used and beat up NC? ND is of no interest to me at all. Thanks for your help. Laser.

It's funny that still to this day ignorant people tease Miata owners about it being a 'girl's car'. So stupid! Miata's are beautiful cars, especially the ND and so fun to drive!

Being teased in fun is one thing, but some people take it too far and try to be hurtful.

My advice? Screw em and ignore em! I get WAY more complements on the looks of my car than I do idiot comments from idiots. Why let someone else's stupidity spoil your fun?

Agree with @Conrad 16.5 comments. The Miata is a great car to drive and I bet that at least half of the people who teased your family members got behind the wheel and drove it, they would no longer be teasing!

CTt3P5 is right, @ $5k you’re getting what I got, a 92 with 200k miles and needs some love.

Attachments

• 0AA3343F-5E05-4FA7-AECC-C7E34F25AF0F.jpeg
    0AA3343F-5E05-4FA7-AECC-C7E34F25AF0F.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 91
Back