Mazda 6....in the flesh

Melanism

:
2001 Mazda Protege MPS
Saw several at the Mazda dealer where I got my Mp3 from. A blue, burgundy, yellow, and black one. Really nice up close, but really doesnt do anything for me. Not enough to trade my MP3.

I just saw a couple at my dealer. I like it and think it is competively priced but I definately like my protege more. In car and driver they also said that the 6 in the 6 is the duratec from the taurus the yamaha engine is this true and is the 4 cylinder a mazda or ford engine.

Just wait till you see one with the sport package*drool*. The V6 is a duratec block, Mazda head. The 4cly is all Mazda. Yamaha has nothing to do with any of this. The only correlation between Ford and Yamaha is the limited production Tarus SHO engines of years past.

I can't say this isn't dissapointing to hear that it is a half duratec motor, When i first heard about this car i was afraid that they would put in a Crappy Ford motor in it, I guess they did (to a degree).

I wonder if you can get the Sport package with the 4 cylinder??

Check out the build your own on www.mazdausa.com.

Mazda 6i(4cyl), 5spd, Premium Package*, Comfort Package*, Sport Package, Power Moonroof*, Leather Seat Upholstery* , no other options is about $22,490.

*neccessary upgrades for sport package.

Not too bad at all.

That includes:
Premium Package $800
16-Inch Alloy Wheels
Anti-Theft Perimeter Alarm
8-Way Power Driver Seat

Comfort Package $220
Heated Front Seats
Heated Door Mirrors

Sport Package $860
17-Inch Alloy Wheels