Mazda 6 First Post

Mazda 6

I work for Ford Motor Co, in Dearborn MI,

and We already have the mazda 6 out for test vehicles, both in 3.0L and 2.3L manuals. Yellow, silver, white, very beautiful vehicles and awesome performance.

Whoops, my mistake Ryan. I mixed up you and someone else. As for the design theme, I guess we can agree to disagree. I don't think it was cheap at all for Mazda to have the MP5 (a very good looking car) and the Mazda 6 wagon (also a very good looking car) have a unified design theme. I think it was very consciously done to give a strong brand image. That is something that Mazda has lacked for the last several years. IMHO they are purposely copying the Europeans in this regard. I also think that Mazda has used many styling elements from the European makers in the 6. I see a lot of similarities between the 6 wagon and the Audi A4 Avant.

MazdaSpeed 6

Mazda has hinted that a spped 6 is in the works but right now the next speed vehicle is planned to be the Miata!

Mazda 6

I drove the mazda 6 at work yesterday, it was the 2.3L I4. A bit sluggish and heavy.(Im used to driving my P5) But I was getting the looks, everybody wondering what kinda car I was driving...

Calsteele - The MazdaSpeed 6 concept will be unveiled at the Paris Motor Show next week, so if the MazdaSpeed Miata is next, they'd better get cracking! :D

kenoka said:
Hmm. Ripoff? If a company uses a unified design theme, is that a ripoff? Is the Audi A6 a ripoff of the Audi A4? Is the BMW 5 series a ripoff of the BMW 3 series? I think Mazda is using unified design elements to give themselves a stronger brand identity.
My final point:
In your first post, you called the Mazda 6 wagon ugly.
In your second post, you called the Mazda 6 wagon a ripoff of the P5 (which I assume you own).
Therefore, you just called your own car ugly. Ah, the beauties of logic. :cool:
(owned)

I totally agree with you dude. And I really think that brand identity is what Mazda needs. I can't tell you how many times I got the comment "What kind of car is that?" in the miata...I still do.

Heh...I still get people ooo'ing and aahhh'ing over my P5--I get lotsa ladies tell me how they "Love those new Mazdas!"

God I love Mazda...

Mazdaspeedgirl said:

(owned)

I totally agree with you dude. And I really think that brand identity is what Mazda needs. I can't tell you how many times I got the comment "What kind of car is that?" in the miata...I still do.

Heh...I still get people ooo'ing and aahhh'ing over my P5--I get lotsa ladies tell me how they "Love those new Mazdas!"

God I love Mazda...

So by that token I guess all car companies should start basing all their cars on one design, just make it bigger and there you go, new car :) You know, so the know nothings can know that it's a Mazda.... That is pure brilliance, or am I just being sarcastic :D True a uniform design is important, but not for the whole damn car. Look at BMW. You know it's a beemer just by the grill. They don't just make smaller or bigger versions of the same car now do they?? That's what mazda really needs. And if those retards are still asking you what kind of car it is, then I'm sorry, but they'll just never know. Just ask them to name all the characters on Friends :p :p

That's why I said unified design elements. Certain elements can really set a car (or car line) apart. If you consistently see an element with a brand of car, you start identifying that element with that brand. For instance, when I see over-sized, over-chromed grills I think Chrysler.
Mazda has had a problem with brand identity -as in they don't have any. I seem to remember them taking a poll in Europe a feew years ago, and their most popular product (the Miata, aka MX-5) was commonly identified as a TOYOTA. Can you imagine how frustrating that is? I think this is why they're force feeding us the Mazda name in all their new models. Mazda3, Mazda2, Mazda6. It's kind of hynotic isn't it? Like a mantra. Come...join us...Mazda, Mazda, Mazda.

Diane, thanks for the props!

Sat in a Sweeeeet 6

Yo Guys,

just got back from local auto show here in Carolina and they had a 6-Sedan there. It was equipped with the full airbag system and had the 5spd with 4-cylinder. Really cool chrome/leather shifter and the gating felt tight! Nice wheels and a very cool dash lighting system similar to our P5's. The headlights are 'da bomb'!! That whole system of headlight, parking light, high-beam and turn signal is beautiful. Funny thing about the tailights, they were the Altezza type like they have over-seas, not the regular red like we here in America are suppose to get....They were very cool looking lit up! When I asked the rep if it was for sale, he said "no, it is heading to another auto show down South somewhere." Guys, this is a damn goodlooking sedan,,,cannot wait to see the 5-door in a year or so!! May be the end of my P5 if it is all it is suppose to be.

Tay

Back