Lug nut questions

MyReDpR5

I want to race the 5!!
:
02 Mazda Protege 5
I just got new tuner wheels at the end of May and have noticed that my open-ended tuner lug nuts are rusting on the inside. It really looks horrible and takes away from the overall look. I've seen on here where you can use WD40 and a brush to clean them and then grease the inside of the open end of the lugnut to keep it from happening again. I am concerned about greasing my lug nuts though. Has anyone tried this? Any recommendations?

I've seen on Gorilla-Auto.com where they have red tuner lug nuts and wondered if they would be better. The part # I have been looking at are the 20038RD acorn 12mm X 1.5.

Wondering if they would work better??

DO they look like this?

Red%20Spline%20Lugs2.jpg

I have never had the color come off of a set.

But anyway...I would use a CLosed end lug nut..whether its Chrome,black or red...I neer use open ends..they just look like poo unless covered by a center cap.

Just get some new lugs..ITs worth it for Aesthetics alone.

See attached pic. These are the ones that are direct replacements for the ones I have now. I may look at close ended as long as it looks ok.

Attachments

• lug nuts.JPG
    lug nuts.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 77
the color wont come off if the lug nuts are anodized... the ones that forcefed is using are probably just that.

Thats a pretty good deal you posted there....$32 for 20 Lugs, key and Four valve stems....Thats smokin'!

Back