Low Engine Oil Warning Light on new CX-5

Wait.. So Is there an actual solution? Means.. Can I run to right now to the dealership and get it fixed? ...just wanna confirm.o_O
I think yes, however you have to prove that your car is burning oil and have the TSB printed in hand since Mazda service advisors among the worst I have ever seen(they have no clue). When I asked them about the previous TSB they had no clue and did not want to hear it. They told me, change oil and lets do oil consumption test and if its really losing oil we will contact Mazda for next steps. I think Mazda will tell them to follow the TSB. They changed my oil and asked me to come back in 2K miles to check how much did it lose, if its not losing much they might say its normal. Usually my oil light comes on after 4700 miles.

Mine did not lose any oil after last oul change despite driving 2K miles!!! I think when I complained about the problem and they told me to do oil consumption test , they overfilled it!

Guys/gals, there's no prerequisite on the TSB that states that the dealer is required to do an oil consumption test if you have this problem. The only prerequisite is that the low oil light came on and it logged a code in the ECM/ PCM. If it did and either you or they scan it and the code pops up, ( and it SHOULD) then they are REQUIRED to perform the TSB. Period. Stop taking this garbage that the dealer is telling you to do this or do that blah blah blah. Not required. Speak up and present them with the bulletin that specifically states the requirements and ask them where it says that you must jump through hoops with your valuable time to confirm something so simple. Know your stuff and you get treated properly.

Last edited:
Speak up and present them with the bulletin that specifically states the requirements and ask them where it says that you must.jumo through hoops with your valuable time to confirm something so simple. Know your stuff and you get treated properly.

Agree. Although I personally would like to have a copy (at least a screenshot) of the TSB at hand so we all can have a back up. I realized about this whole oil issue thanks to this forum which isn't even shown on Mazda website on the "recalls lookup tool" and at my dealership they were in complete denial until they saw me with the actual paper on hands. Its surprising that this last TSB posted on this thread is nowhere to be found..

Agree. Although I personally would like to have a copy (at least a screenshot) of the TSB at hand so we all can have a back up. I realized about this whole oil issue thanks to this forum which isn't even shown on Mazda website on the "recalls lookup tool" and at my dealership they were in complete denial until they saw me with the actual paper on hands. Its surprising that this last TSB posted on this thread is nowhere to be found..
I've got a copy of it downloaded before it was removed. I'm not sure if the reason for removal was Mazda directive to the forum administrators or if it just isn't allowed to be posted for copyright or something but it is nearly 60 pages long. I don't want to post though if there is a possibility of getting into trouble doing so. Anyone have any insight?

Bush, it won't show up on the Mazda recall site because it is not a recall( which is for safety only) but rather a TSB internal repair "secret warranty" only available in the dealer info system.

I also have a copy of the TSB. For reference, it is TSB 01-011/22, last issued 10/3/2022. This TSB supersedes a previous TSB, 01-012/21. IMO, if a dealer tries to look these up and cannot find them, I think it's likely that Mazda has pulled the TSB for some reason, possibly to publish a new one with updated info. I came to this conclusion because it seems that attachments and links to this particular TSB have been scrubbed, but links/attachments for other TSBs have not.

I noticed all recent TSBs are not publicly available anymore. only basic data subject but not the real text in the tsbs, and not just that one.
Its very annoying that they hide them only for paid subscribers.

I also have a copy of the TSB. For reference, it is TSB 01-011/22, last issued 10/3/2022. This TSB supersedes a previous TSB, 01-012/21. IMO, if a dealer tries to look these up and cannot find them, I think it's likely that Mazda has pulled the TSB for some reason, possibly to publish a new one with updated info. I came to this conclusion because it seems that attachments and links to this particular TSB have been scrubbed, but links/attachments for other TSBs have not.
It would be a very unusual and surprising thing for Mazda to actually withdraw/eliminate a TSB, instead of just updating or superseding it (and leave the original in place and still available). Even TSBs which have caused them to appear foolish, such as the 'air bubble' comic books, are still out there for all to laugh about. And the fact that this seal replacement procedure took them a full year, and lots of $$ to develop, would make it that much more bizarre if they actually do go ahead and wipe it out. I guess time will tell what the next step in this Mazda epic journey will be.

I think the reference was that its removed from the public space (the actual full step
by step details of the fix) Thats for the oil issue TSB. May be to prevent DIY... who knows

Last edited:
… fishy. I wonder why a solution now it’s hidden from public eyes when ppl here know there is a fix. The dealership can say there’s no fix yet because you don’t have a way of proving it. Seriously Mazda transparency is frustrating me.

Still there

Under manufacturers communications. Click on documents you'll get the full tsb. The 01-11/22 probably just hasn't been posted on the government website yet. My guess is from the time that a company like Mazda produces it they're not obligated to have it posted for a period of time, a week, month, whatever

Bits.

I spoke with somebody at service yesterday he said they know of the tbs in question and the fix. He even mentioned the cause of the leak (which at this point we all know) He also said that they are waiting on Mazda for the parts like I kinda understood there’s a particular procedure to follow like an ordering process of some sort. He also mentioned that every owner affected by the issue will receive a letter from the nearest dealership which makes sense to me I’ve been told that Mazda doesn’t react that fast to issues until their people in Japan analyze the data with the physical parts in order to determine the cause and then a possible outcome. Maybe the reason (if any) is to better organize how they’ll handle the situation along with dealerships and Vin numbers altogether.

There is a Mazda mechanic with a video on Facebook. Pretty interesting. He says Mazda is only allowing the dealers to do two of these a week so they don't get swamped which is totally understandable. I might have posted this already but I've done this repair on other but similar engines. It's not that big a deal. You just have to be very detail oriented

Back