Low Engine Oil Warning Light on new CX-5

…early this morning.. #%*

5113050D-E0BF-4FF5-9877-9DBDDE621BF7.jpeg

Attachments

• 5BD2703E-2FEF-4BA0-8673-9DF5FB190835.jpeg
    5BD2703E-2FEF-4BA0-8673-9DF5FB190835.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 137
This really sucks. Mazda truly did have this thing nailed down, and I don't know what they've done, but I do not have any regrets at the last minute buying something else. This makes me sad, though, as I like Mazda :(

This really sucks. Mazda truly did have this thing nailed down, and I don't know what they've done, but I do not have any regrets at the last minute buying something else. This makes me sad, though, as I like Mazda :(

Honestly I might do a trade in anytime soon.

Honestly I might do a trade in anytime soon.
I chose the RDX ASPEC Advance and am very pleased so far. It's very "CX5"-like, but just more, in every way. More power, more comfort, more handling, etc. Also sadly more money. That said, maybe hold out for the CX70 and see how the 1st year of that goes? Risky, but...

I chose the RDX ASPEC Advance and am very pleased so far. It's very "CX5"-like, but just more, in every way. More power, more comfort, more handling, etc. Also sadly more money. That said, maybe hold out for the CX70 and see how the 1st year of that goes? Risky, but...

I’m considering going back to Accord or even the CR-V. I miss the good mileage I had back in the old days.

I’m considering going back to Accord or even the CR-V. I miss the good mileage I had back in the old days.
If you don't need an SUV, I wouldn't own an SUV. I do not understand why people buy SUV's and do not need them. Why take the mpg and performance penalty?

If you don't need an SUV, I wouldn't own an SUV. I do not understand why people buy SUV's and do not need them. Why take the mpg and performance penalty?
For me, the need to offroad, drive through mud and construction sites.

As to why others get an SUV, for friends, relatives and elderly people I know, the safety of all-wheel drive in winter and the ease of access getting in and out of vehicle, especially for an older person. Alot of the younger generation take this for granted.

As to why others get an SUV, for friends, relatives and elderly people I know, the safety of all-wheel drive in winter and the ease of access getting in and out of vehicle, especially for an older person. Alot of the younger generation take this for granted.

In my particular case I needed All-wheel-drive. Here in NE is a must! Also the space I had with the CR-V was incredible. I decided a Mazda because of the looks, sporty design and driveability and forgot about space as we’re not too crowded in my family. But considering the price tag of this GTR this issue is kinda off.

I get that, and I need one for winter and my hill and living near off grid, but Bush was saying he'd go back to an Accord, and that made me wonder...why even have a CUV? Those 2.0 Accords are excellent!

I get that, and I need one for winter and my hill and living near off grid, but Bush was saying he'd go back to an Accord, and that made me wonder...why even have a CUV? Those 2.0 Accords are excellent!

They’re not all-wheel-drive plus they’re kinda low. Space is ok for a Sedan but then you think about the snow here in Massachusets and (?). I had a 2020 Accord Sport and oh boy I could go to downtown Brooklyn and come back and still had gas on my tank. In honesty I do miss that fuel economy. The 2.0 just sips the gas on the Highway and the touring comes with all perks. One thing I truly like about Mazda is how well done and meticulously crafted the interior is. Looks clean somehow sophisticated and not too plastiky like Honda looks.

Just a gentle reminder to stay on topic please.

On that note, Mazda acknowledges. Id see how they make it right if you otherwise like the vehicle.

I do really really like this car. Matter fact I spent about 3k on Ceramic coating to give this silver color a clean and shine look. Spent some $$ on oem oil filters which by the way are hard to find, not to mention the Idemitsu oil jugs, weathertech and stuff.

….BUT in all honesty the oil issue got me so very very disappointed. Our posts above might be a way of venting. 🙂

Last edited:
I really enjoy my GTR and my 3d MAZDA. I am so disappointed in the oil usage in my 2021 engine. I see no excuse for this other than being too successful and dropping the quality protocols.
I do hope MAZDA fixes this problem correctly (New valve oil seals), and doesn't do a patch like they did on their diesel. Ed

Back