Live 2019 Mazda 3 Reveal

No, the fact that it was promised and never un-promised. All they had to say was that because of regulations, it is no longer a feasible option for them. It is still on their fricken web-site as a car that is coming. I will believe in the Sky-X when it is on the ships.

I agree. I'll probably get flamed, call names, and turned into the mods again for saying it, but I'll say the same thing I said about the diesel, and that is I don't believe in the X engine, and I also thing it is smoke and mirrors and will be garbage, however, we do have a scapegoat this time around, save us Toyota...haha

Based on what? The lack of a CX-5 diesel? Hear a lot of complaining about that on these forums, seemingly from a lack of recognition that changes in US regulations and the market damage caused by the VW scandal probably were the cause. Not really a broken promise if the rug got pulled out from under Mazda by outside factors.

No, Mazda just sucks at making a diesel. Stop trying to blame everyone else. It's Mazda's failure.
They can't get them right in any other country, either. Yet they promised to deliver. They didn't. They couldn't. They can't. They still have the stupid thing up on their website. They failed hard, there.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...obally-over-diesel-engine-issue-idUSKCN1ND0MB

No, Mazda just sucks at making a diesel. Stop trying to blame everyone else. It's Mazda's failure.
They can't get them right in any other country, either. Yet they promised to deliver. They didn't. They couldn't. They can't. They still have the stupid thing up on their website. They failed hard, there.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...obally-over-diesel-engine-issue-idUSKCN1ND0MB

For sucking at diesels, they sure seem to have no issues offering it in other countries. Diesel is dead in the US. Seems like a silly thing to hold a grudge about.

For sucking at diesels, they sure seem to have no issues offering it in other countries. Diesel is dead in the US. Seems like a silly thing to hold a grudge about.

Backtrack much?

Nobody is holding a grudge, we didn't want that bad diesel to begin with. Just calling it like it is...

Yeah, and you will notice they are having to recall over half a million of those diesels that they "had no issues offering" in other countries, too.

Really? Last time I heard Mazda has stopped selling 2019 CX-5 diesel in Taiwan due to many complaints on overheating which has been happening in many countries where the diesel is popular such as Thailand and Australia ⋯

2.2 diesel head gasket ?

Yeah, but if they stuffed a 2.5SA-G and AWD with a 6-speed manual in the thing...they also could stuff a 2.5SA-T in the thing...and that opens the door to MazdaSpeed product.

I don't think Mazda has a 6-speed manual tranny that can handle 310 lb-ft of torque. At least none that I know of. Which is probably why they don't sell a Mazdaspeed car right now (other than their excuse for them being juvenile cars).

I agree. I'll probably get flamed, call names, and turned into the mods again for saying it, but I'll say the same thing I said about the diesel, and that is I don't believe in the X engine, and I also thing it is smoke and mirrors and will be garbage, however, we do have a scapegoat this time around, save us Toyota...haha

They danced on the X probably a 100 times more than they danced on Sky - D. So if the X is not happening that is a big big failure on Mazda's part.
With the D the biggest issue was lack of communication - something like "Due to issues regarding emissions and the driving characteristics not blending well, we are sorry we wont be offering the D in USA". Most enthusiasts would have understood. Most regular buyers would not have mattered.
They have one aspect going well - attracting would be Acura / Lexus / Audi / BMW base model customers who get all bells n whistles for entry level lux prices.

The 3 will be on my shortlist - but mostly will fail due to not having a 2nd row for 2 car seats. As a DD - it was already a king but the new might just push it to the Emperor status.

Gotta say that the new 3 hatch just looks very odd to me. Definitely agree with whoever said sedan looks good.

That said, gotta do a chrome delete around those windows. And I really wish they'd redo that front end. Otherwise, actually looks pretty good.

Yeah, and you will notice they are having to recall over half a million of those diesels that they "had no issues offering" in other countries, too.

They offered them, didnt they?

Still weird that you guys wont let Mazda diesel go and continue to disrupt threads by bringing it up. Companies change plans all the time and rarely make announcements about killing off a prospective product.

They offered them, didn*t they?

Still weird that you guys won*t let Mazda diesel go and continue to disrupt threads by bringing it up. Companies change plans all the time and rarely make announcements about killing off a prospective product.

And the diesel is still listed on their "upcoming vehicles" on their website, ROFL.

I like what they've done with the sedan, but I'm having a hard time with the looks of the hatch. The rear of the car just looks very strange to me. Everything seems to flow well enough until you get to the C-pillar. Also, the hatch opening appears to be pretty narrow, negating some of the cram-it-all-in-there functionality of a hatchback.

I think the sedan is an improvement over the 3rd gen, but then again, I still put the 3rd gen as the least-attractive generation so far.

Just please, for the love of all that is driving, don't ever stop selling at least one version with a manual. Good to see that early indications show a manual offering.

I like what they've done with the sedan, but I'm having a hard time with the looks of the hatch. The rear of the car just looks very strange to me. Everything seems to flow well enough until you get to the C-pillar. Also, the hatch opening appears to be pretty narrow, negating some of the cram-it-all-in-there functionality of a hatchback.

I think the sedan is an improvement over the 3rd gen, but then again, I still put the 3rd gen as the least-attractive generation so far.

Just please, for the love of all that is driving, don't ever stop selling at least one version with a manual. Good to see that early indications show a manual offering.

Agree 100%.

They offered them, didn*t they?

Still weird that you guys won*t let Mazda diesel go and continue to disrupt threads by bringing it up. Companies change plans all the time and rarely make announcements about killing off a prospective product.

Pretty sure your the one disrupting here.. if you've been keeping up with mazda (or even active here) you'd know about these diesel problems and how the HCCI engine was supposed to be on the 19' 3 (might still debut but no mention of it in the reveal.. and this is a reveal thread).

I don't think Mazda has a 6-speed manual tranny that can handle 310 lb-ft of torque. At least none that I know of.
They have one for the diesel AWD new for 2018 in JDM.

That said, gotta do a chrome delete around those windows. And I really wish they'd redo that front end. Otherwise, actually looks pretty good.

OMG Right? You know I feel. So the Hatch has the chrome strip... on the bottom edge and the sedan... the top edge...
Oy. I don't understand the thinking here... Is this supposed to be more lux?

OMG Right? You know I feel. So the Hatch has the chrome strip... on the bottom edge and the sedan... the top edge...
Oy. I don't understand the thinking here... Is this supposed to be more lux?

The chrome strip is supposed to represent social averages. The hatchback is the higher model, so the driver's head should be above the chrome strip, indicating that they've chosen a car that puts them in to society's upper echelon (taking into consideration that social classes are driven, largely in part, by which model of Mazda3 a person chooses). The sedan is the lower model, so the chrome strip has been placed above the driver's head indicating that there's still some climbing to do. How is this not obvious in the photos???

The chrome strip is supposed to represent social averages. The hatchback is the higher model, so the driver's head should be above the chrome strip, indicating that they've chosen a car that puts them in to society's upper echelon (taking into consideration that social classes are driven, largely in part, by which model of Mazda3 a person chooses). The sedan is the lower model, so the chrome strip has been placed above the driver's head indicating that there's still some climbing to do. How is this not obvious in the photos???

So the Gen2 CX-5...chrome is on the bottom. And pretty sure it costs more than a 3.

Back