Leather care?

What is recommended to protect/clean the plastic top of the dashboard? We have black interior and it's beginning to fade a bit. Just wondering...

If you have a 2012, you should not have any dashboard fade. I have an 08 and there is no fade. I just use an aresol can glass cleaner from Meijer grocery store, like 2.50 a can or something.

I try and stay away from harsh chemical products like Armor All.... basically even water and a damp cloth would be fine for the dash.

Lexol cleaner and conditioner is the best!

x2. Just used Lexol cleaner and conditioner last week, on the tan leather (wish my wife would have chosen black leather). Anyway, with 2 young kids, the seats get pretty dirty. After about an hour of cleaning and conditioning, the leather looks brand new again. Not shiny looking like some of the other "cleaners" do, but very clean and new looking. I think Lexol also makes a product for plastic and vinyl. I'm going to look for some and put it on all the trim and dash.

I use Lexol for cleaning and Zaino "leather in a bottle" for protection, it is a nice combo and my tan leather interior still look new despite the 2 kids (OK I am also a tad maniac, I like to keep the interior clean). I use the same products for the light brown seats of my BMW 128i and I have been very happy with it so far. The Zaino product has a wonderful leather smell and the seats feel good after you apply it (a bit more slippery).

Leather care question...

Back in September my rear window was down for my dog. I brought him inside and forgot to close my window and at the same time it started to rain. I would say it only rained a couple of minutes before I realized and ran out to close the window. I dried everything off but the side of the seat next to the window that was open now is more "wrinkly" than the side that was dry. Any tips on how to restore it? It is still soft and feels like the other side, just ugly wrinkles.

Thanks!

The PO of my miata used Leatherique, and I plan to get some after seeing what it did for this car, and his others..

This is a 1991:
DSC_2465.jpg

Leatherique is the way to go. Been using it for years. Official product recommendation of the Rolls Royce Owners Club, good enough for me!

Some of the other products include agents that may clean the lather but over the long term will degrade the leather. Leatherique does not.

I have no connection with the company, just a very satisfied customer. And yes I have used Lexol, Griots, and other store-bought brands (Meguires, armorall etc) and found Leatherique to be superior.

I use water+Woolite (5 parts water to 1 part Woolite). I do this because I have a Volvo V70R with amazing but sensitive leather, and the universal advice from Swedespeed folks is that the diluted Woolite is mild enough not to damage the leather. Obviously the leather in the CX9 is a much tougher (and not nearly as soft) leather, so maybe this level of caution is overkill.

Then condition with Lexol.

My vehicle is only a month old, but I'd like to pre-treat the leather seats and apply some kind of protectant.

Does this sound like a good package & price?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

The 2 reviews are 5 star and sound great!

I also saw that you can add: "303 Products 30350 Aerospace Protectant - 32 oz. " for a total of $66.93

I don't mind spending good money for good products.

I am concerned that this will only stretch about 2 applications with the 7 passenger seating of the CX-9, that's a lot of leather!

Don't forget that the third row is not leather. :)

Neither are the seat backs, the door inserts, the arm rest, etc., etc. That's why they are labelled leather "trimmed" seats--pretty much just the seating surfaces in the first and second row are leather.

Back