Koni Yellow and H&R spring combo users post your thoughts.

spdjnke

:
08.5 CWP Speed3 GT (sold)
Hey all,

I was wondering what you guys/gals are doing with your bump stops?? are you cutting them down or leaving them stock length?? I emailed Koni and they stated I'm suppose to use stock length, but to forward the question to the spring manufacture....so I did and based on H&R they say to keep them at stock length as well!!?? so just wanted to get some thought from those who are using them already...

Thanks.

Well since you started a Koni related thread I suppose I would like to ask what people are thinking about the FSD's on this car... the compromise of ride comfort AND performance is tempting.

As for your question spd, I've read that cutting the bottom 1/3rd off the bump stops helps tremendously.

Many people are using Fat Cat or GC bump stops in front which are shorter in height. I personally run trimmed bump stops in the rear but I don't recommend it. If you do, make sure to reduce the diameter of the bottom area so you can reuse your dust shields. If not, you'll score the inner shaft with dirt and end up with a prematurely worn shock.

well good thing the Koni's have a dust scrubber that you have to put on before the bump stops. hmmm, maybe I should just stick with what H&R recommends then, I'm going to reuse them in stock length, or maybe at most I'll cut off 1 link.

Many people are using Fat Cat or GC bump stops in front which are shorter in height. I personally run trimmed bump stops in the rear but I don't recommend it. If you do, make sure to reduce the diameter of the bottom area so you can reuse your dust shields. If not, you'll score the inner shaft with dirt and end up with a prematurely worn shock.

Back