JP's Build Thread

hahaha thanks man, this has been a dream of mine for the last 5 or 6 years to own a turbo car. Almost lost my legs a few years back to a bad spine injury and had to give up on my old project which was a 2007 Focus ST. Oh, and yes I get funny looks from the old people when I get out of a lowered protege at walmart in the handicap spots. hehehehe So thank God for great doctors (15 surgerys, and 3 years of PT, and 2 years of chiropractic work) im finally almost 90% back to my old self again.

HAHAHAHA (alright), I may or may not use it... I can no longer confirm nor deny the thought process that you have started.

I know this ain't. an Evo or would sound like one but the setup idea was from an Evo.I use to drive.
It was full 3 inch into a small oval shape magnaflow resonator then into a satin magnaflow canister
With a turn down tip. You coudltn see it. But my god the sound was awesome. Yo could drive around town
And not be extremely loud and as soon as boost kicked in you'd get louder but a deep loud that you would
Still be able to hear your blow off valve and motor.

That just sounds sexy. I might do a 2.5 - 2.75 with something simular to that. Thanks for the idea, seriously.

nice build looks to be coming along nicely. only recommendation is get a ssafc, the tuning on the MSP ecu is horrible as it is. its very pig rich so getting a ssafc would be a saving grace and allow you to enjoy driving your protege, once its boosted, a lot more.

OH! and get a wideband too. make sure u can moniter your a/f ratio especially with a msp ecu.

Thanks everyone, got it boosted looks freaking awesome, sounds great.. my wideband sensor is bad... as its 5 years old and been sitting on a shelf so i need a new one.... but it drove great driving it home.... Now the bad news... something happend to my seals on the axle shafts, I guess when we put them back in, and its leaking trans fluid everywhere.... GAAAAAAGH gotta get under it tomorrow to see whats actually going on

Took so long to get them cause I spend about 5-6 hours today fixing everything had to nearly pull everything off the top of the engine to get it all going. One of my sensors on the trans blew out (guess i didn't thread the bolt down all the way) but its in good now and no more trans leaks, water lines had a bad leak cause I used cheap harbor fraight hose clamps so I went over to part store and picked up some good USA clamps and its holding fine now with no more water leaks. And for my last oil leak, I'm going to have to get my oil return pipe re-welded cause the guy that did it kinda messed up. But here are the pics

Intercooler
attachment.php

almost done
attachment.php

Finsihed product
attachment.php

Oh, and I burned through my first tank of gas.... pulled off 29 mpg's. whoop whoop... just need to get a "real" exhaust so I can reach my full boost

Back