JP's Build Thread

Turbo came in today, they gave me a brand new turbo this time not rebuild. Extremely happy. It's also ready to go back in the car. Got my new wastegate bracket installed as well as my 7-8 psi wastegate. I did however run into a problem today trying to find a set of snapring pliers that would fit so I just gave up and made myself a set. hehehe

attachment.php

attachment.php

And yes those are just 90* pliers with snapring plier ends cut and jb welded to the tips. Cost me about 8 bucks to make

It was actually pretty simple, just grab up some 2 inch pvc pipe, you don't need that much. Cut the PVC pipe to shape your gauge cluster and use some plastic epoxy to stick it down. Then use some epoxy puddy to fill the gaps. (USE SPARINGLY AS YOU WILL HAVE TO SAND IT OFF TO MAKE IT EVEN) then just sand it 100% smooth ( can take a few coats of paint to figure out if its smooth enough for your liking ) then paint it any color you want. REALLY SIMPLE. I can post some more pics if you need it. ALSO wait till you finish sticking it all down before you gring out a hole for your wiring to go through.

Also.. it only took me 6 hours to build... thats with drying time and everything

AND it only took 15 bucks

Last edited:
Heres some pictures to give you some inspiration.

attachment.php

The fitment before I did all the sanding
attachment.php

You want to make 100% sure it is smooth, I cant say that enough.. the paint will show every little rough spot which is why I need to pull mine back out to work on it a little more.

Dude! That's awesome! Yea it's so going down on my protege! But how do you keep gauges, what size the pipe, and what "putty" did you use to make the curves?

Scratch what I just asked, my phone wouldn't load whole page until after I posted. Lol noticed that you have already answered my questions. Sorry about that. Looks good! Still would like to know how gauges stay in though. :)

They actually stay in all by them selves. My aem gauge is a lot tighter but I haven't had any issues with my other gauges moving or falling out. The pvc pipe is a 2" by 2' foot section and still have aboout 14" left over.

Looks like i'm gonna be selling all my turbo stuff except for my intercooler and piping and eventually my car

Well, I got it running great again so maybe not. hehe. I was just a little upset yesterday when I posted that

did you get an exhaust yet? i have no idea how your turbo is spooling with a 1.875 inch exhaust.

It was spooling retarded quick, which was awesome. But because the exhaust was so small it would max out extremely fast. However, I took the turbo off cause someone wanted to make a good point that they hated me and stabed my intercooler SEVERAL TIMES. Which ususally woudln't be a bad thing, but the holes are big enough and we had some extermely bad rain which sucked in a crap ton of water to my engine. I had nearley 1 inch of standing water on my throttle plate when I pulled my piping off. Thankfully it was from the intercooler so the turbo wasn't affected by it. But it did ruin my maf. Actually it took in so much water at such a rapid rate that it actually broke the little thing that hangs down to get the reading and sucked it into my engine. Very upset about that. But mazmart got me some new parts to help me return my car to stock so I can have a car to drive again.

Turbo parts will be put up for sell on here soon. I did ruin the manifold when I took it off. Apparently I cross threaded the EGR and it completely ruined it. I don't know if it could be repaird or what not but its gonna stay a NA car for a good while. Atleast until I get a good job and can afford new parts or to get that new Focus ST. hehehe I would get the speed 3 but I already have a 2012 Mazda 3 and I really don't want 2 of the exact same cars.

Back