Interior map light not turning off - Brand new CX-5 GTR (2021)

RENO5280

2021 CX-5 GT RESERVE
Hi All,

This is my first post to this forum. I have a brand new CX-5 GTR (2021) with only 300 miles on it.

Just today the passenger side interior map light will not turn off either while driving or with the engine off. I’ve tried all of the settings and have no idea why this is happening since I didn’t turn it on. I’m frustrated since I have so few miles on it but I know there are many electronic settings on this car.

Of course, the dealer is closed for the holiday so I can’t get in touch with them today.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I saw something about resetting interior lights to a factory setting on my control panel but nothing happened when I tried that. I didn’t see anything in the manual either re: trouble-shooting this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Reno5280

I just checked the 2021 owners manual and there are several situations which will not allow the map light to turn off. Check the on-line manual again. Ed

Hi All,

This is my first post to this forum. I have a brand new CX-5 GTR (2021) with only 300 miles on it.

Just today the passenger side interior map light will not turn off either while driving or with the engine off. I’ve tried all of the settings and have no idea why this is happening since I didn’t turn it on. I’m frustrated since I have so few miles on it but I know there are many electronic settings on this car.

Of course, the dealer is closed for the holiday so I can’t get in touch with them today.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I saw something about resetting interior lights to a factory setting on my control panel but nothing happened when I tried that. I didn’t see anything in the manual either re: trouble-shooting this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Reno5280
There’re 2 map lights next to each other on front ceiling. If you said only the right one (passenger side) is on continuously, you may press the light itself once accidentally to make it manually on. Simply turn the light switch near them to the off position, and press the map light lens itself once and see if it turns off.

There’re 2 map lights next to each other on front ceiling. If you said only the right one (passenger side) is on continuously, you may press the light itself once accidentally to make it manually on. Simply turn the light switch near them to the off position, and press the map light lens itself once and see if it turns off.
Yes, I tried this several times but it still remains on. But, I will try again tomorrow. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes, I tried this several times but it still remains on. Thanks.
The manual switch on passenger side map light itself seems to get stuck to on position. All interior lights should get turned off in a set time frame (30 minutes?). Wait for an hour and see if it turns off by itself.

The manual switch on passenger side map light itself seems to get stuck to on position. All interior lights should get turned off in a set time frame (30 minutes?). Wait for an hour and see if it turns off by itself.
Thanks. Yes, it actually will turn off once I lock the car so the battery should not drain. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks again!

Back