Interior Lighting

The hatch being open definitely triggers the dash light. I will check this tonight. Hopefully you're right and I've just been way overthinking it.

Having this same issue now. Worked normally at first, now, LED is always on. It does turn off with the switch, so, that
s my workaround, but, any info would be great.

I have read several people had failure of the rear light when changed to an LED due to the electrical unit that drives that light in the back. I think everyone should stay away from an LED in the trunk area.

I have read several people had failure of the rear light when changed to an LED due to the electrical unit that drives that light in the back. I think everyone should stay away from an LED in the trunk area.
+1
that's the reason why i didn't order an led kit. some repairs cost them several hundred dollars.

in the meantime, i'm keeping an eye out for an elegant battery powered alternative... i don't know... solar powered even? something that may mount as a night light but be detachable to serve as flashlight with a lot of spill (flood spread) would be cool.

in the meantime, i have one of these in the corner hole cubby(i got an all-black one) and another up front in the console compartment:
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
they come in different shapes & colours and come with a hook and rear magnet, which is helpful when you are looking under the hood. you can also get them at different hardware & dollar stores and harbor freight.

it's not an ideal solution but the hook is useful for attaching to where the child seat restraint posts are behind the seats for additional lighting. i've got bungees occupying those post mounts behind the rear seats already so nothing mounted as a trunk/boot light yet.

over at ikea hacker, i've read there's a battery-powered led with light sensor from ikea called "oleby", but unfortunately it is not sold in the u.s. any longer. still looking around for alternatives.

Mobius...guess you made out ok with the lights afterall? I removed, and unplugged the cargo light assembly when replacing the bulb.

ya, my only issue was popping the plastic nipple in the overhead because the lights were just a hair too long from corksport in the back seat maps. They asked for second pictures back on it but i've been 90 to nothing with work and haven't had time to get a good clear 2nd set of pictures to them. In the mean time i epoxied the lead back to the plastic.

License Plate Bulb: 168/194/T10/W5W Wedge bulb.... From which site did you all get the bulb for the license plate? which have the best output?

I want to replace the fog & parking lights on my GT Diesel, but not sure how to get to the bulbs. Can someone please direct me on the process ..

Hey Aeglaeca, to that question about the cargo light, so i ended up taking it to the dealer, and pretty much they said the same thing that everyone else has been saying with that same issue, its the back control module, which basically controls the rear lights and cargo lights, luckly my car was still under warranty, so they replaced it with no questions asked, it only took them 2 days to order and replaced it within a few hours, pretty much after they changed that unit, the light did come on and off when the door opened and closed, hopefully you are still under the warranty and can also get this fixed, i also took a look at the bill, and pretty much the whole fix would cost you alittle under 200.....so i guess i will not be using leds in the cargo area from now on.....gl on your issue!!!

im still having trouble installing this kit (http://store.ijdmtoy.com/9005-LED-Daytime-Running-Light-For-Lexus-IS-GS-SC-p/led_sku45_r4.htm) on my DRL's. I even ordered new decoders too and they are still doing the same problem. When i put the car in drive only like 5 led's light up. But when i put the high beam function on all of them light up. I even matched up the decoders positive to positive. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM DOING WRONG I HAVE TRIED IT 50 TIMES NOTHING WORKS. I ORDERED THIS KIT BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD SAID ITS VERY BRIGHT AND WORKS ON THE CX-5.

This statement from their website may imply that you must have high beams on at all times for it to work. See for yourself: "This 9005 LED bulb will directly replace the stock 55W 9005 (aka HB3) halogen bulb on the high beam function as daytime running lights.."

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/9005-LED-Daytime-Running-Light-For-Lexus-IS-GS-SC-p/led_sku45_r4.htm

I used double sided tape and needle nose pliers. Put the tape on the bulb and pull bulb out with pliers. Do not squeese to hard.

Is there anyone using these kind of led head light bulb. Its a 7.5w bulb. It has 1.5w bulb on its four sides and 1.5w bulb on top total of 7.5w. It is better than those conventional led bulb that uses 5050chips or 3528chip. the vendor said 5050 and 3528 uses alot of led but their brightness is not enough. 7.5led uses 5x 1.5w leds each bulb.

Search... You were suggested to last time. This is also interior lighting, not exterior.

Search... You were suggested to last time. This is also interior lighting, not exterior.

Hello, I'm not asking you what, how come you so busybody there? Just let the people who willing to suggest or answer me ok? And I saw others also asking or talk about exterior lighting here, why I can't? Thanks for your comment!

Fog Lamps H11 68-SMD vs CREE LED.
Position Lamps T10/W5W CREE LED.

H11 68-SMD LED from: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/HID-Style-LED-Fog-Driving-Lamp-Light-Bulbs-p/led_fog_h11_sku52.htm
H11 CREE LED from: http://www.v-leds.com/6K-WHITE-11W-LED-DRLFOG-p9798089.html
T10/W5W CREE LED from: http://www.v-leds.com/6K-WHITE-CREE-LED-3W-p9796205-1-2.html

H11 68-SMD vs CREE,
creeh11vs68smdled.jpg

T10/W5W CREE,
creet10.jpg

Fog Lamps H11 CREE,
White color with slight blue tint, because of my lousy camera, the blue tint becomes green..
It's too bad that the projector dome is blocked by a "steel-blocking-bulb-thingy"..
I think it's removable, but maybe I must remove the whole bumper first before I can remove the fog lamp housing..
creeled0.jpg

Fog Lamps H11 68-SMD,
White color with very visible blue tint, again, my camera makes this picture bluer than in real life..
But it's definitely bluer than the CREE LED.
68smdled0.jpg

Fog Lamps H11 68-SMD and HID Xenon,
As you can see, the tint is very different than the 4300K HID.
Oh, btw, the position light is not on because I put the T10 LED the wrong way, haven't switched 180 degree yet..
68smdled1.jpg

Original Lights,
Yellowish color for the Fog Lamps and Position Lamps.
original0.jpg

CREE H11, T10/W5W and factory HID Xenon,
Blueish color for the Fog Lamps and Position Lamps.
I like blueish color better than yellowish color, even though both are different than the factory HID Xenon.
fullcree0.jpg

Original Lights,
original1c.jpg

CREE H11, T10/W5W, and factory HID Xenon,
fullcree1.jpg

CREE H11 and T10/W5W,
fullcree2.jpg

Hi bro, when you replacing the fog light bulb to Cree H11, have you bend or remove the metal bulb cap? Thanks~

Back