Important questions regarding differences between NA and EU 2016 CX-5 (export)

Thanks for that bmninada! Unfortunately Dutch regulations state that the rear fog light must be installed immediately. So that basically gives me a month in the Netherlands (that is the grace period you get before the car must be registered with the appropriate authorities) to get it done.

I know for a fact that if you want to use EURO am and fm frequencies all you need to do is install the EU variant of the firmware (v.56 is the latest), having said that i don't know if digital radio and such would work.

There is nothing different about the cx-5 bumper cover by region, or the provisions for wiring. The only thing missing is the actual associated wring and switch. The issue is whether you want to pay for oem parts and install (or your own install) or go with aftermarket.

Euro CX-5s can have front park sensors right?

Again, I'd consider leasing a Euro CX-5 there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks all! I'm closing in on a CX-5 thanks to all your help.

Boandlkramer, purchasing or leasing in the Netherlands really is way more expensive than purchasing it in the US and importing it tax-free, but thanks for your input :)!

Many thanks all! I'm closing in on a CX-5 thanks to all your help.

Boandlkramer, purchasing or leasing in the Netherlands really is way more expensive than purchasing it in the US and importing it tax-free, but thanks for your input :)!

That's too bad, they get the muscle engine.. Stock and tuned 0-60 in sec...

Is that so? Somehow, with European gas prices and emission standards I have trouble immediately believing that. But please prove me wrong :).
You can find videos of tuned 2.2 D's on youtube, feedback on various mazda forums and we had a guy here who had it was well.

I know for a fact that if you want to use EURO am and fm frequencies all you need to do is install the EU variant of the firmware (v.56 is the latest), having said that i don't know if digital radio and such would work.
Do you know how to do this?

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

That's too bad, they get the muscle engine.. Stock and tuned 0-60 in sec...

Well, the Europeans get the diesel engine which has been causing a lot of owners to pull their hair out over various issues. Plus, it is not any faster than the gas engine available here and costs quite a bit more.

Then there are the gas engines which, in Europe do make a touch more power but at the expense of requiring premium which would add about $0.30/gallon to your fuel bill over here.

Not sure I would deem any of them "muscle engines", LOL! All pretty mild by modern standards (but all certainly adequate for the job). A car is so much more than the time it takes to go 0-60 mph.

Back