How To: Replace Headlight Bulbs

i would search for the how to paint your headlights or something like that thread... they show how to remove it. Sry that happened to you, thats gotta suck.

detailed how-to on aiming your lamps (protege sedan has VOL lamps):
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

every time i install new bulbs the light aiming is off by a mile. i always have to re-aim. unfortunately the US govt seems to think horizontal left-right aiming is the devil (europeans however have seem to mastered it). so the aiming screw only goes up and down, and even though my beam pattern is flush, they merge in the middle after about 15 yards leaving everything on the left and right untouched by visible light. i brought it in to the dealer, they were able to aim it horizontally but i have no clue how they did it.
-meGrimlock

Anybody have a link to a better diagram of how the clip sits in there? Or even photos? I'm struggling with the clips and jsut can't figure it out.

18green99 said:
Anybody have a link to a better diagram of how the clip sits in there? Or even photos? I'm struggling with the clips and jsut can't figure it out.

I just finished changing my headlight bulbs. It is now a piece of cake to do . The very first thing you need to do is release the offset "middle" plastic clip (which is unreachable without something really short and stiff to push it over to release it). This will allow you to pull the white electrical connector off.
next, pull off the rubber cover, then, to release the clip, you push it in and down. It will then swing over to the side, allowing you to pull the bulb retainer out. The bulb must be inserted with the "lug" straight up so that it seats flat into its hole, allowing the bulb to be correctly aimed. Then you flip the clip over and in to secure the bulb/ retainer.Put the rubber cover back on and plug in the electrical connector and ops check your work. (rockon)

Ok. So I had trouble replacing this bulb since the H7 is smaller, bu this thread said the black piece is an adapter. Ill try that out.

BUT, why are the Silverstars and other aftermarket lights only lasting less than a year? My stock OEM lights lasted over 3 yrs, and one is still going. Is there something people are doing wrong? $40 seems like alot ot spend on headlights 1-2 times a year...

WTF with these headlights

ok, i've read all the threads and still dont exatly know WTF to do with the plastic clip to replace the bulb. first it's a H4 (not that that matters) but seriously how do you get that white plastic clip off!!!!!
in the owners manual it states that you need to press the sides of the clip and then pull the clip away from the housing. i was looking at the clip and it doesn't look like there is anything to press-in on the clip. is it on the underside or top that needs to be pressed or what? or do you just get a thin screw-driver and pry the *#^@'er out....LOL

any suggestions would be most appreciated!!!

please could you e-mail to komiero at yahoo dot ca

thanks

solution

ok...for everyone that has problems with this i figured it out. basicaly if the plug will not move, it is because there are no clips to press on the sides of the plug. what i did was i just pryed open the black weather cap and unpluged the wire holding the bulb in, then carefuly move the lower wire holding the bulb and pull the entire unit out. the get the bulb out from the plug, wiggle it out.

Insert the new bulb in the housing and clip the wire back into place, put the black weather cap on (with "top" facing up) and make sure the entire weather cap in pushed in all the way, then just push the plug back into the light bulb....DONE!!!!!!!!!

How to Mazda 2002 Protege Tail light cover?

Does anyone know how to replace a Mazda 2002 protege tail light cover? It is on the drivers side. I am not sure if I have to replace the whole assembly or just the cover. I see the cover only for sale and my lights work but don't know if I need something special to attach it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rachel

i'd love to have a talk with the engineer who signed off on the placement of the wiper fluid resevior....i swear i'm going to chop the first inch or two off one of these days!! oh and another guy i would like to talk to....oil flter placement....

p5power said:
i'd love to have a talk with the engineer who signed off on the placement of the wiper fluid resevior....i swear i'm going to chop the first inch or two off one of these days!! oh and another guy i would like to talk to....oil flter placement....
yea im with u on that for oil filter and washer fluid resevior i wana kill em both

ok...for everyone that has problems with this i figured it out. basicaly if the plug will not move, it is because there are no clips to press on the sides of the plug. what i did was i just pryed open the black weather cap and unpluged the wire holding the bulb in, then carefuly move the lower wire holding the bulb and pull the entire unit out. the get the bulb out from the plug, wiggle it out.

Okay so i got the drivers side done but the pass. side i cant remove the damn plug i tried doing it your way but the clips on both sides are the same right?...sigh...ill wait till 2maro theres no more light out.

thanks.

just got my two new lights in today was a pain to figure out but once i did it was easy.. let me know if you need help

p5power said:

amen to that.....i tired to get some new lights in today and those bastards kept annoying me so i gave up.

Is there a how-to on how to replace the fog lights?

You have to remove the foglight and it is the same clip. The foglights are easier then the headlights. Remove the plastic tray under the bumper close to the fog light. And there is one large bolt. Undo that and remove the clip and everything is out. Shouldn't take more than 15 mins to do both.

ok, im about ready to start pullin' s*** outta my engine bay just to get these lights in. Ive removed the wires and the rubber boot on the head lights and now i cant seem to get the headlight to come out freely. ive got the top have to move out but the bottom have of the blub seems like its stuck on something. Does anyone know what im talking about? How do i get past this problem?

Worbit said:
ok, im about ready to start pullin' s*** outta my engine bay just to get these lights in. Ive removed the wires and the rubber boot on the head lights and now i cant seem to get the headlight to come out freely. ive got the top have to move out but the bottom have of the blub seems like its stuck on something. Does anyone know what im talking about? How do i get past this problem?

There's a clip holding the bulb in. I'll go make a really quick diagram of it for you hold on. Don't keep pulling at stuff, there's fragile stuff there.

Back