How can I get extra HP, for A cheap price?

snooky

:
Mazdaspeed6 GT
I want to know all the mods i can possibly do to my P5, that'll give it an extra push? i don't mean turbo's, N20... stuff like dat i mean stuff i can do myself.

(dunno)

(p5silver)

Racing strips and side decals! J/k, do headers, intake, exhaust. Thats about the only bolt on mods for hp. Other then that, it's turbo.

i have an CAI, a chip but headers im actually looking into, what other stuff can i do? (BESIDES TURBO) a friend to me to get a down crank pulley? but dont i need another alternater to run my stereo if i get that?

snooky said:
i have an CAI, a chip but headers im actually looking into, what other stuff can i do? (BESIDES TURBO) a friend to me to get a down crank pulley? but dont i need another alternater to run my stereo if i get that?
^ nope

Header / complete header-back exhaust system w/ no cats = Nice Gains

Last edited:
HP does not come cheap. U may think that you spend less on a CAI + headers + catback exhaust (keeping it NA), but the HP gained/buck ratio will never compare to a turbo. Not to mention that there is a ceiling (15HP MAX maybe?) of how much HP u can gain if you keep it NA.

With a turbo, you're talking about a 20HP MIN gain, otherwise it's not even worth doing. Once you have that turbo, the sky's the limit. Well actually, your engine and transmission :D

U decide.

Last edited:
snooky said:

what chip ... please dont tell me one of those ebay 15 hp resistors?

I bought one of those resistors for $.01 to get my ebay rating up!

Topher pretty much said everything you can do to get HP out of an n/a. You could also try and increase displacement, but that starts getting into the area of things you can't do yourself. As far as things that are easy to install yourself, go with intake, header, exhaust, pulleys, cam gears and cam shafts. Or, I say you sell your car and get a MSP. Well worth it.

That, and spray some Simple Green in your engine and hose it off.

Douggie said:
HP does not come cheap. U may think that you spend less on a CAI + headers + catback exhaust (keeping it NA), but the HP gained/buck ratio will never compare to a turbo. Not to mention that there is a ceiling (15HP MAX maybe?) of how much HP u can gain if you keep it NA.

With a turbo, you're talking about a 20HP MIN gain, otherwise it's not even worth doing. Once you have that turbo, the sky's the limit. Well actually, your engine and transmission :D

U decide.

15hp? you honestly think i've only gained 15hp? dude, where in the hell do you get your #'s?

Intake, header, exhaust will yeild roughly 15whp increase. If you want some real power, invest in a turbo kit, bolt-on mods on a n/a motor do very little except add some bling.

well, i can hang with a msp until i hit 4th gear...so yes, bolt-on mods on a n/a does yeild good gains...i'm not bashing f/i...i wanna go f/i...but for someone trying to do something cheap (~1,500)...you can't beat what you get for the money

What bolt-ons do you have on your car? I've never ran with an MP3, or even seen one up close for that matter. Just curious, thats all.

Well his car with the N/A stuff is his P5. There's not much done to the MP3, yet.

I still haven't even seen an MP5 up close either. I'm pretty deprived, except I test drove a P5 when I was looking at the MSP, just to compare, and I don't see how a P5 can hang with an MSP unless the MSP was stock and has a very bad driver.

Oh yes, porting and polishing does yeild very good gains. However, this also falls under the list of mods you can't just do yourself.

Latest posts

Back