How can I get extra HP, for A cheap price?

I've spent more money n/a than boost twice over. Basically a little quicker than a stock MSP...That is however when it runs right..Go boost. Never look back.

SpicyMchaggis said:
I've spent more money n/a than boost twice over. Basically a little quicker than a stock MSP...That is however when it runs right..Go boost. Never look back.
WOrd.

Jspec said:
Racing strips and side decals! .
(lol) (lol) hahahaha that stuff adds like 80 hp and dont forget to put LEDs on your window washers too those add so much!!

Actually you can get away doing free mods too. Gutting the cats, save you money better flow so youll get more hp too.

HOw to make your car fast!!! by Alex :D

1. get a lighter girlfriend
2. chrome out the hood ornament

3. no mexican food before the race

4.take out those damn subs!

Bhamsan said:
I bought one of those resistors for $.01 to get my ebay rating up!

Topher pretty much said everything you can do to get HP out of an n/a. You could also try and increase displacement, but that starts getting into the area of things you can't do yourself. As far as things that are easy to install yourself, go with intake, header, exhaust, pulleys, cam gears and cam shafts. Or, I say you sell your car and get a MSP. Well worth it.

That, and spray some Simple Green in your engine and hose it off.

Whats "Simple Green"?

and is it hard to install headers?

i have a Cai and a full greddy exauhst, u think that adds n e thing? cuz my friend told me all they do is add weight and turbulence in the engine, no actual HP, is this tru?

Attachments

• 545520_47_full.jpg
    545520_47_full.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 105
Simple Green is a cleaner that works wonders on engines. Just spray it on and hose it off and it makes the engine look brand new.

A header is easy to install, just remove the old one and install the new one. Usually aftermarket systems like the exhaust are lighter than stock, so you're taking weight off, not adding it. It will gain HP, but not much. Same thing with CAI, it will give you some HP, but nothing significant.

Basically, if you want more HP, get a turbo, or get a new car.

Topher said:
15hp? you honestly think i've only gained 15hp? dude, where in the hell do you get your #'s?

Sorry, I was just guessing a ballpark number (I said "15HP MAX maybe?").

So please update us with the correct HP gain and what kind of mods you did and of course how much you spent. Thanks.

i kno for a fact that u can gain up to 10 hp and better throttle response from this thing called the turbanator Turbanator.com It is a circular fan that goes into your stock or custom intake. Buddy of man has it in his AEM cold air on a 03 Mazda6 & says its the best thing he coulda got with his money. Keep in mind they do not make it for the MSP b/c of the stock turbo, it will only restrict airflow. sorry lol

You're pretty much ona good start. CAI, full greddy exhaust. Get a header and a high flow secondary cat. Get some custom ground camshafts, adjustable cam gears, lighter crank pulley, big bore throttle body, new spark plug wires, new spark plugs, and an oil change LOL

Bhamsan said:
Simple Green is a cleaner that works wonders on engines. Just spray it on and hose it off and it makes the engine look brand new.

A header is easy to install, just remove the old one and install the new one. Usually aftermarket systems like the exhaust are lighter than stock, so you're taking weight off, not adding it. It will gain HP, but not much. Same thing with CAI, it will give you some HP, but nothing significant.

Basically, if you want more HP, get a turbo, or get a new car.

soo when i spay the simple green do i need to cover all the other engine stuff, and how do i hose it off , wont water get in the engine?

thanks alot your very helpful

HFD45 said:
i kno for a fact that u can gain up to 10 hp and better throttle response from this thing called the turbanator Turbanator.com It is a circular fan that goes into your stock or custom intake. Buddy of man has it in his AEM cold air on a 03 Mazda6 & says its the best thing he coulda got with his money. Keep in mind they do not make it for the MSP b/c of the stock turbo, it will only restrict airflow. sorry lol

that thing sounds too good to be true, im a bit scepticle, how is it possible to get HP for soo cheap? you think it would avoid waranty?

thanks!

AS SEEN ON TV doesnt really help the Decision process but all you need is the ginnie pig to test it out, i found mine and im a believer. As far as avoid in the warranty i couldn't tell ya but theres loop wholes around everything. All i kno is a fellow brother of mine owns a Race Shop and the reviews for this turbanator/Tornado have been goin off the wall.

Last edited:
HFD45 said:
All i kno is a fellow brother of mine owns a Race Shop and the reviews for this turbanator/Tornado have been goin off the wall.
which is better, Turbanator or the Tornado?

i read that for the Turbanator you can use up to 3 units in the same intake

manufactures Can Use An Engine Add-on As A Reason Not To Honor Your Warranty but i dont kno much about the tornado fuel saver to say anything about. The turbanator i have dealt with in person and have seen the results that can come with it. Little bit of a price difference ($10 give or take) my choice would be the turbanator only b/c i seen it in action.

HFD45 said:
manufactures Can Use An Engine Add-on As A Reason Not To Honor Your Warranty but i dont kno much about the tornado fuel saver to say anything about. The turbanator i have dealt with in person and have seen the results that can come with it. Little bit of a price difference ($10 give or take) my choice would be the turbanator only b/c i seen it in action.

i am soooo gettin this thing dude, thanks im gonna show my garage this s*** now maybe theyll save bux on ssupercharging.

snooky said:
i am soooo gettin this thing dude, thanks im gonna show my garage this s*** now maybe theyll save bux on ssupercharging.

You guys are kidding right?

Show me some independent before and after dyno graphs please! Otherwise lay off the sauce (beer)

Back