High Mileage CX-5s - report in

I got my coolant! Mazdaswag was great. Shipped it the same day I placed my order and we’re good to go.

I placed a separate order with onlinemazdaparts a week ago for a transmission filter, some pan bolts, and silicon pan sealant. Unfortunately I never received an order confirmation or an order number. All I see is a pending charge on my credit card, and they didn’t respond to my email inquiry. I just don’t have the patience to deal with it, so I’m placing that order with mazdaswag and cancelling with them.

Mazdacarpartsonline was the dealer that flat out cancelled my order because they were unwilling to ship fluids. Who would have thought it would be this difficult to just order OEM parts! It took three different vendors to find one that will fulfill an order!

I got my coolant! Mazdaswag was great. Shipped it the same day I placed my order and we’re good to go.

I placed a separate order with onlinemazdaparts a week ago for a transmission filter, some pan bolts, and silicon pan sealant. Unfortunately I never received an order confirmation or an order number. All I see is a pending charge on my credit card, and they didn’t respond to my email inquiry. I just don’t have the patience to deal with it, so I’m placing that order with mazdaswag and cancelling with them.

Mazdacarpartsonline was the dealer that flat out cancelled my order because they were unwilling to ship fluids. Who would have thought it would be this difficult to just order OEM parts! It took three different vendors to find one that will fulfill an order!
Thanks for the report to let us know we should avoid these parts sellers. In today’s world I’ve learned that I wouldn’t use a random online seller to purchase goods unless it’s been verified the legitimacy by others. Some online Mazda parts sellers mentioned by Kedis82ZE8 are good. I personally have used Med Center Mazda (mazdaparts.org in Kedis82ZE8’s post) who was our forum sponsor for online Mazda parts purchasing. But most of time I get Mazda parts directly from my Mazda dealer with discount coupons.

I've had good luck with

and

I wonder if Med Center Mazda (mazdaparts.org) still offers free shipping with orders over $100? And if they still ship fluids such as Mazda moly oil、FZ ATF、and SG1 gear lube?

They still claim they will

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 6.20.34 AM.png

I did order from them few months ago and it was free over 100. Dont know nowadays but you can always email them.

I had inquired today with Mazdaparts.org (Med Center Mazda) about AT fluid pricing and they sent me the link but saw they were charging for shipping regardless on checkout over $100... so sent another inquiry whether that shipping policy was now gone as it is listed on their home page. I will update as I hear back.

Just ticked to 70 000km and due for an oil change plus oil & Air filter change.
I do 10 000km oil services.

Do you service your car at home, or at the dealer? Just curious because the cost to have the dealer replace the engine or cabin air filter is ridiculous, lol

Do you service your car at home, or at the dealer? Just curious because the cost to have the dealer replace the engine or cabin air filter is ridiculous, lol
I do services at home.
I use the dealer oil filter as it well priced, then buy Shell 5w30 oil and use Mann Air filter.

Our 2017 2 Litre is still young at 61,000km. Will be keeping it for many years to come.
I do services at home.
I use the dealer oil filter as it well priced, then buy Shell 5w30 oil and use Mann Air filter.
Do you have 6-speed manual on your 2017 CX-5 2.0L? I always feel SkyActiv-G 2.0L is a better designed engine than the 2.5L which has an additional heavy balance shaft. And I also believe Mazda really should add the turbo to the 2.0L and use the 2.0T on the CX-5 and the rest.

Although Mazda also recommends 5W-30 oil on the 2.0L and the 2.5L NA world wide, I still curious the reason why you choose 5W-30 oil, especially in Canada?

Do you have 6-speed manual on your 2017 CX-5 2.0L? I always feel SkyActiv-G 2.0L is a better designed engine than the 2.5L which has an additional heavy balance shaft. And I also believe Mazda really should add the turbo to the 2.0L and use the 2.0T on the CX-5 and the rest.

Although Mazda also recommends 5W-30 oil on the 2.0L and the 2.5L NA world wide, I still curious the reason why you choose 5W-30 oil, especially in Canada?
It is a 2L 6 speed auto
I am based in south Africa and that oil spec is what the Mazda owner manual recommends.

Thank you again for the no-spill coolant funnel tip, it worked great!

98,800 miles on the odometer. I drained and filled the coolant twice today and 2 gallons of coolant was just right for my 2 liter engine. It was enough to refill the radiator after draining twice and the overflow container draining once. The original fluid wasn’t very dirty. It was darker but not horribly so. Running the engine with the funnel attached created no mess. There actually wasn’t much air to burp. It bubbled up some about 5 times after the thermostat opened but that was it.

I also drained and filled the transmission twice with Aisin ATF-MFZ. I left the engine shroud off so I can drain the ATF, drop the pan, replace the filter, and refill the transmission one last time. I’ll do that next weekend if possible. I want to give the Mazda RTV 24 hours to cure before refilling, and I didn’t have time for that this weekend.

The transmission does shift noticeably better from a stand still. I didn’t notice that after draining and filling 3x at 51k miles. Hitting the gas was a little sluggish in response from a complete stop and I thought it was because I was getting used to my 21 RAV4 Hybrid. The slight hesitation to engage first seems to be gone now. It wasn’t bad before, but was noticeable.

I have 80,000 miles on my 2014 CX-5 Touring bought in Oct 2013. Had a heater core replacement due to a coolant leak back in November 2018 and now at the dealership for a coolant leak into the engine block for which I've been quoted on replacing the long engine block. I am not sure if its related but in June 2018 the dealer performed a coolant service at around 60,000 miles which in hindsight seems like I didn't carefully read through and am now wondering if that's started all this coolant related problems in my car. No issues apart from these and the car's been running fine all these years.

Thank you again for the no-spill coolant funnel tip, it worked great!

98,800 miles on the odometer. I drained and filled the coolant twice today and 2 gallons of coolant was just right for my 2 liter engine. It was enough to refill the radiator after draining twice and the overflow container draining once. The original fluid wasn’t very dirty. It was darker but not horribly so. Running the engine with the funnel attached created no mess. There actually wasn’t much air to burp. It bubbled up some about 5 times after the thermostat opened but that was it.

I also drained and filled the transmission twice with Aisin ATF-MFZ. I left the engine shroud off so I can drain the ATF, drop the pan, replace the filter, and refill the transmission one last time. I’ll do that next weekend if possible. I want to give the Mazda RTV 24 hours to cure before refilling, and I didn’t have time for that this weekend.

The transmission does shift noticeably better from a stand still. I didn’t notice that after draining and filling 3x at 51k miles. Hitting the gas was a little sluggish in response from a complete stop and I thought it was because I was getting used to my 21 RAV4 Hybrid. The slight hesitation to engage first seems to be gone now. It wasn’t bad before, but was noticeable.
I used Ravenol FZ for the CX-5 this past weekend @139,900 miles. Then last night I ordered the Aisin ATF-MFZ on rockauto where its much cheaper by about $20. Both are fully synthetic.

155,000 on 2.0 cx5 awd mpg30-32 regular maintenance one bad coil pack cracked oil pan replaced park shifter micro switch otherwise great car

The OEM Mazda gasket maker I used after dropping my transmission pan is holding up well. I saw the garage floor had some liquid on it the other day underneath my CX-5. My garage is dark and it was fairly colorless so I was like, great, the pan is leaking. I dropped the whole shroud thinking the worst. The transmission pan was dry as a bone. I found I didn’t tighten the oil pan drain plug as tightly as I should have after last weeks oil change LMBO.

2016.5 CX-5 with 95,000 miles on there. No major issues aside from regular wear and tear with the below:
  1. Rear stabilizer links
  2. Rear struts
  3. Front lower control arm bushings

Back