Hiboost Fmic Install Help

Home depot sells Silicon couplers here in dallas. So do most tuning shops, there must be at least one in Chicago. BTW what part are you from? I went to high school in Aurora.

TX Speed Demon said:
Home depot sells Silicon couplers here in dallas. So do most tuning shops, there must be at least one in Chicago. BTW what part are you from? I went to high school in Aurora.

aurora aye? i'll be living there soon. anyways, keep us updated on the installation because i will be hopefuilly installing one of these puppies in the near future.

Paul...I still think you'll be fine with the couplers you have. Like I said, which HiBoost said as well, being them as far out as you can and crank them down. With as much boost as you run, unless they're not on right, you won't pop them off.

God damn it Paul! I just found this thread. You should've called me, you have my cell #.

^^i was looking for your cell number but i didn't save it.
i got everything together. i switched the "L" bracket around and it seemed to be just a little bit longer on one side.
everything is on now. the only problem is that the idle dips on occasion. mostly in reverse but sometimes in 1st.
and it stalled on me yesterday.
i think the ecu just needs to relearn everything

Wow, Jason (TX Speed Demon) and I didn't have near as many issues installing his HiBoost kit. Yup life can get in the way of an otherwise forward install..

Paul said:
^^i was looking for your cell number but i didn't save it.
i got everything together. i switched the "L" bracket around and it seemed to be just a little bit longer on one side.
everything is on now. the only problem is that the idle dips on occasion. mostly in reverse but sometimes in 1st.
and it stalled on me yesterday.
i think the ecu just needs to relearn everything
Do you have the dual set up? Try tightening up the bov a little bit.

the idle dips if i rev it under 2500 rpm.
if i'm over 2500rpm the it's fine.

i'll try that, thanks sam

oh sorry, yeah the stock bpv and a hks ssqv.
the hks is open vented.
did u have the same issues as me after you installed yours?

low idle drop is normal (400-500RPM) but it shouldn't stall. adjust your BOV that should help.

so far today it's running ok. hasn't done it yet.
i'll give it a turn later tonight or tomorrow if she starts to act up.

i'm not sure what type of management to go w/? and i dont want to have to tune it everytime i get a new mod. so i might start w/ working on my intake manifold. and my tb is being ported as we speak.
so maybe i'll get some j-spec cams next. then the manifold.

Back