HELP everytime i get out i get shocked

My car will gives enough static shock to kill a chicken...

but it just started today after i put a bunch of sterio equipt in now i just need a alarm somone get me a good alarm!

Josh_160 said:
but it just started today after i put a bunch of sterio equipt in now i just need a alarm somone get me a good alarm!
you sure the equipment's grounded properly?

Josh_160 said:

Just install one of these ugly things and be done with it. I have been told that they work but I think they look like s***.

a214.jpg

Mazdacub said:
Just install one of these ugly things and be done with it. I have been told that they work but I think they look like s***.

no....seriously? Come on...dumbest thing ever. If this is being caused by the electronics, make sure that all your s*** is grounded properly. If that's not it, then just touch the metal as you leave the car, not after. Problem solved, no dumb s*** to buy...

I always get shocked... Pull your hoodie sleeve down a bit and touch the car with it as you get out. No shockie!

#1 open door<O:p</O:p
#2 toss mat on ground<O:p</O:p
#3 step out onto mat<O:p</O:p
#4 close door<O:p</O:p
#5 celebrate not getting shocked by break dancing on mat

4127688.jpg

What can I say...I've got a shocking personality.

Fact: Add up the electricity generated by all the trillions of cells in the human body and what you get is enough to light a 40 watt light bulb!

i got a solution that works for me everytime before you touch the door touch it with the metal part of your key and then try closing it ive been doing this for like 2 months and havent gotten shocked yet

505zoom said:
Stupid non-working positive rep system.... great post.
(first) I live to serve
Mazdacub said:
#1 open door<O:p</O:p
#2 toss mat on ground<O:p</O:p
#3 step out onto mat<O:p</O:p
#4 close door<O:p</O:p
#5 celebrate not getting shocked by break dancing on mat

4127688.jpg
OMG AWESOME! (breakn)

ok.. before i read the post... i knew it was a canadian.... no offence... not cuz your canadian... cuz your living up north.... whats my point?! point is when you wear mulitple layers... i.e. the winter time... your burlap burka is gonna create a static charge.... your feet on the floor mats... this happens alot during the cold moths for me in Pa as well... its usaly when its very arid out... its not your electrnoics... etc.. its a simply static elec. thing... like walking down the carpetted hall with socks on,dragging your feet.. your going to creat a statci charge... dont freak out! its normal.. if you look at everyone else who postd.. they are from northern states or arid climates... just my million dollar opinion!~

orph

Lord_Zath said:
get in the habit of holding onto the car frame as you get out. I usually grab the metal above the driver window. BEFORE moving off the seat. No shocks for me!

That'd be the way to do it.

Back