Has anyone read Missile.com.au

jlee

I just stumbled onto this website which I found quite amusing. It's pretty much a b**** and moan about the fact that some guy had bought a CX9 and then found out it did not come with a cargo cover. I found it to be rather hilarious yet incredulous that there are people like that in society. Would you not have totally checked out the car before purchase, especially if the cargo cover was such an essential part of the car. I especially liked the complaint about the arm rest. Did he even sit in the car? I liked how he demanded a $57000 refund because the cover was missing. I just asked my dealer to throw it in as part of the sales package. Go figure.(uhm)

I am both ashamed and embarrassed to think that wanker is Australian.

I also sent him an email telling him what I thought of his negative attitude, I hope others will do the same.

Its such a trivial complaint, that it is unbelievable he could carry on about it so much.

My wifes Mazda 3 has a cargo cover, and it was the first thing we removed, our windows are tinted so dark that no one can see in anyway.

He's just a (jerkit)

US buyers are just as stupid. This is why bad cars still sell. People don't do their homework, and shop around to get the best car and deal. They look at one car, get excited, and buy it without thinking.

This is why I've been critical on here with some posters. The forum is for the exchange of information, tips, and experiences with our CX9's, but some feel it's a place to rant about what they don't like about their new car. If you don't like how a particular function works, then don't buy the car! If you buy it anyway, don't go online pissing about how the windows don't work the way you want, etc. and tell others they shouldn't buy it because of that

We looked at everything available, and even after choosing the CX9, I learned everything I could about the car before actually buying it. We even went to 6 different dealers to see which one had the best price and sales approach. (Don't forget to compare dealers, too) The CX9 is a terrific, well thought out vehicle with some great features (just compare how the seats fold to ANY other make) We bought the best 3 row CUV on the market, and we love it.

I don't want to make a habit of this, but (iagree)

I probably go a bit overboard with my research when buying a car (or anything else).
I started by knowing I only wanted a car with:

7 seats, min 2t towing capacity, AWD, decent power, sporty looks.

I read everything I could about each model that interested me, I made several trips back and forth to the dealers to check things I thought of later and then I wrote out my own comparison list giving points ratings for each category, such as performance, looks ,handling, comfort, interior room, towing, power/weight etc etc.
Then I added up the points and the CX9 was miles in front.

Ironically, the same 4 cars that I had compared were recently put in to a comparo in a Australian car magazine and the results were in the exact same order that I came up with. They had only 2 downsides to the CX9, the first being that low profile tyres were no good for off road (which doesn't concern me as I only use AWD for pulling my boat out of slippery ramps) and the second was that the Electronic stability control intervened before they could have some serious fun ( I have been known well for pushing cars hard around corners and have not had my fun spoiled thus far)

Cargo cover is an extra feature that a mazda dealer can install.CX9 doesnt come with the cargo cover so u gotta talk or negotiate with ur dealer about it. For instance i dont use the cargo cover cause i dont need it. Thats y i suggested my dealer to exchange my cargo cover with the rubber floor mats. Anyway i would never return my car cause of a stupid cargo cover, that au guy is over reacting. =)

PS . its out of topic but today i hit like 115 mph on I-95 and didnt feel the speed limiter... I thought cx-9 has a 100 mph limiter ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back