Handbrake Light CX-5 2016 UK

Hello,

In recent weeks the Handbrake light (the red “P” on the dash and the mini-light in the handbrake switch) flash when the handbrake is deployed. The handbrake works fine but the light flashing obviously needs seeing to. It’s also intermittent - only happens 1 in every 10 times I use the handbrake which is odd.

Just wondering if this is a common problem with CX-5 2016 UK - possibly callipers or module or battery or even a sensor issue? Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue with the 2016s or this is a known issue.

My mileage is about 60k. Tyres are brand new.

Thanks I’m advance.

Hello,

In recent weeks the Handbrake light (the red “P” on the dash and the mini-light in the handbrake switch) flash when the handbrake is deployed. The handbrake works fine but the light flashing obviously needs seeing to. It’s also intermittent - only happens 1 in every 10 times I use the handbrake which is odd.

Just wondering if this is a common problem with CX-5 2016 UK - possibly callipers or module or battery or even a sensor issue? Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue with the 2016s or this is a known issue.

My mileage is about 60k. Tyres are brand new.

Thanks I’m advance.
I believe you have defective rear disk calipers which is a know issue for the EPB on your 2016 CX-5. Check the TSB mentioned in this thread:

Help identify CX-5 brake caliper date code

Back