Grand-Am Bosch Engineering 250 @ VIR ~ May 13-15, 2011

Ugh, I just now see this? I need to talk to the wife about making it down to this. If my sister is still in Blacksburg then this could be a serious posssibility w/o the need of a hotel.

Ugh, I just now see this? I need to talk to the wife about making it down to this. If my sister is still in Blacksburg then this could be a serious posssibility w/o the need of a hotel.

Let us know Jon.

Just an FYI, I have been contacted by SpeedSource and Team Sahlen, they are going to need our help in the pits. Once I hear back on how many people, I will let you know, who and what is needed.

For anyone that hasn't done it before... It's fun, but you'll be busy when a pitstop comes around.

Cool, I can do either. IF I get Sahlen then I don't know if they'll let me drive, but I can take people with me if they want.

Jay Chapman told me that if I was to work with them for a race, that they would compensate me for travel. I told him I had no issues driving since I was going to the race anyway but he kept saying that most likely I would have to ride with them so more people can fit in 1 car. Unless they do what SpeedSource does and don't pay us or they changed the way they do that

Jay Chapman told me that if I was to work with them for a race, that they would compensate me for travel. I told him I had no issues driving since I was going to the race anyway but he kept saying that most likely I would have to ride with them so more people can fit in 1 car. Unless they do what SpeedSource does and don't pay us or they changed the way they do that

ahhh, i was just assuming it was us volunteering to work in the pits during the race, no more, no less. i could be wrong. our pay is food and a fun up close experience. especially when you help a team WIN!!

ahhh, i was just assuming it was us volunteering to work in the pits during the race, no more, no less. i could be wrong. our pay is food and a fun up close experience. especially when you help a team WIN!!

yeah, they might have changed their minds or keep doing the same thing, will have to wait and see.

That's typically all it is when Marlon posts it up.

I'm going to have to pass on this event unfortunately. Since I'm planning on going to Lime Rock later that month, my boss doesn't want me requesting all these days off. s*** seems to blow up when I'm not at work lol.

-Jenny and I are willing to help out wherever we need to. I would love to work in a pit, I don't think that Jen could, given her current condition but she will help out too.
-Evan that sucks that you can't go because you are too important at work. You deserve a raise!
-We did find a hotel like 40 miles away.

James and I will do whatever as well! Just let us know and we will be ready! I know James would enjoy being in a pit...I am not sure if I would be very much help there but i can do anything you need me to do!!!! ill do my best :)

- Evan that sucks that you can't go because you are too important at work. You deserve a raise![/I]

Ya I know!! Right now, I'm only hourly so I don't get any benefits. I've been talking with my boss and he's trying to get me on as Salary. It's in the works right now so hopefully I'll know by the end of this week.

ok, i'm starting a list of who's going and where they are staying ... please cut and paste and add, thank you!

Lauri & Marlon @ Days Inn, South Boston
Tom & Chris @
Phen & Pablo @
Larry & Jenny @
James & Justine @

Tom & Chris @
Phen & Pablo @
Larry & Jenny @
James & Justine @ Days Inn, South Boston

We'll be there...

Tom & Chris @
Phen & Pablo @
Larry & Jenny @
Daniel & Lee & Brandella @ VIR (tent camping)

Tom & Chris @
Phen & Pablo @
Larry & Jenny @ Days Inn Reidsville, NC
Daniel & Lee & Brandella @ VIR (tent camping)

Back