GHL Motorsports True Turboback Pictures

I thought the intro price was $995 for the TB exhaust, and the price of $538 for the catted DP was for good?? If not, I am very sad, because I'd love to take a DP for $538 shipped if I still can rather than $665. That's a big difference. My car really needs a DP at this point.

Bhamsan said:
I thought the intro price was $995 for the TB exhaust, and the price of $538 for the catted DP was for good?? If not, I am very sad, because I'd love to take a DP for $538 shipped if I still can rather than $665. That's a big difference. My car really needs a DP at this point.
If you look at GHL's posts earlier in the thread you'll see that introductory pricing ended last Friday (November 26th).

GHL's regular prices are still significantly cheaper than ION's prices, and you will get your products in 2 weeks instead of 6 months... or maybe even never...

s***, I should have bought it earlier. Maybe GHL will be nice to me and sell me a DP for $538? I mean, I've been here praising this fine piece of work since the first day, answering people questions and what not, I think I deserve a break, yeah?

GHL, if you agree, I'll buy one right now.

Well, I knew there was an introductory price that ended last week, but I didn't think everything was under intro price, just the turboback exhaust, but I suppose I am wrong.

I did read that it ended already, read my posts.

My Downpipe is jigged incorrectly for certain. It started out by hitting the bracket that the compressor is mounted on. I tried to just solve it by cutting a section of the bracket away. After i tried to remount the compressor, it is hitting the pipe. It is keeping the compressor around 0.5 inch from being able to be lined up with its holes. I need to contact GHL.
GHL_02.jpg

By the way my brother and I got the original downpipe off without removing anything besides the heatshield and oil tap for the turbo. Around 45 min. Had the GHL pipe on and bolted up in 15 and then ran into the problem after trying to place the bracket back into place. The AC compressor bracket had to be removed to get the Downpipe off of the studs so it has to be close to an exact fit to make it by this bracket. I am proof that It can be done without removing radiator/mani and turbo.

Damn, atleast you didn't have to tear apart the car and have the problem. I'm very happy with the quality of the piece and didn't foresee any fitment problems, but we'll see. keep up updated!

I'm waiting to see more install pics and hopefully a writeup. I'm going to order a catted DP.

So are you the first to install this thing and have problems or have others installed it and it worked out okay? I plan on putting mine on this sat so I hope I dont run into any problems.

03BlkMicaSPD said:
My Downpipe is jigged incorrectly for certain. It started out by hitting the bracket that the compressor is mounted on. I tried to just solve it by cutting a section of the bracket away. After i tried to remount the compressor, it is hitting the pipe. It is keeping the compressor around 0.5 inch from being able to be lined up with its holes. I need to contact GHL.
Interesting. I was looking at my DP and the area it was going to fit into and was afraid of something like this. Unfortuantely, if your's is jigged incorrectly, more than likely, so are ours.

Definitely, going to keep an eye on this. No sense in installing mine if it turns out all of them are like this.

I will tell you what I find out tomorrow when I contact GHL. Hopefully this can be resolved promptly, I have no car as of now. I didnt remove the manifold and turbo because I do not have the correct wrench to get the bottom manifold bolts off. I wouldnt be able to put the stock downpipe back on without that wrench so I am left with nothing to drive untill I can get a DP that fits, and a disfigured AC compressor bracket. (the latter is not a big deal;))

here's a bad sound clip that i recorded from my mp3 player, unfortunately the file i recorded while outside the car isnt that good, so i didnt post it up... and bout the a/c problem, when i asked my shop if they encountered any problem, they did mention something about the a/c line... maybe that was it ummm anyways here are the clips:

Start engine when i am outside of the car in the garage:
http://vicocola.tripod.com/startcar.mp3 (open new window, copy and paste link)
here is the alternative if it doesnt work:
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Vicocola/ENCO-003.mp3

Rev engine while inside the car:
http://vicocola.tripod.com/revengineincar.mp3
Alternative:
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Vicocola/ENCO-004.mp3

Last edited:
Wow, thats a lot louder than I thought it would be. Maybe I made a good decision sticking with just the DP, since noise isn't really my goal. Some pics would nice as well!

Good job getting those sound clips up! I'm glad I'm out in CA too so I stayed up late enough to b the first one to hear these.

Bhamsan said:
Wow, thats a lot louder than I thought it would be. Maybe I made a good decision sticking with just the DP, since noise isn't really my goal. Some pics would nice as well!

Good job getting those sound clips up! I'm glad I'm out in CA too so I stayed up late enough to b the first one to hear these.
From those sound clips, I don't think the exhaust sounds obnoxiously loud, and at least its a deep sound, as opposed to the high pitch honda exhausts!

Give us a call when you see this message. Toll free 877-930-0911, we'll work with you to get this resolved even if it means overnighting you a new one.

Phill

im putting mine on this weekend, probably sunday so ill see if it happends to me as well. good to know. im sure it can be resolved.

Just talked to Phill, He is doing all he can for me, Getting a new Downpipe sent out and all. he said he can hopefully get it out today and have it overnite shipped. Caint complain about his customer service! He is a little stumped about why it wasnt bent correctly. The ac compressor unit cannot be bolted to the block while the downpipe is on the turbo, although without the ac compressor on the car it is an absolute perfectly routed piece;) To break it down for you Phill is a great guy and has taking care of me!

Back