GHL Motorsports True Turboback Pictures

hello2000 said:
Will this exhuast bolt upto a gt30 or gt28 turbo?

Hmmm I'm not sure cuz I don't know much about those turbos. I know they're pretty similar as some ppl have just replaced the t25 with those, but I'm not sure at all. You might wanna ask INGREXCO or contact GHL directly, they're extremely friendly and helpful.

jflo said:
umm...that exhaust...it sounds like SEX to my ears.

i probably wouldn't need this exhaust tho if i'm gonna keep it under 9-10psi ?

Well then I don't need it either. I don't have a boost controller and have never raised the boost on my car :D I have the exhaust, SRI, and FMIC, and I don't even have a boost gauge in yet.

It made a huge difference in the way my car feels. I can't even imagine what the gains would feel like if I raised the boost. But I'm not really interested in blowing engines and I don't have money for forged internals yet so (shrug)

hmm...good point. i guess i'll just slowly build my way up to a 3" exhaust. for now i will buy a 2.5" midpipe and maybe a catback...

i would have to imagine though that installing that downpipe would create a lil' more boost from the turbo or at least give you a lil' boost surge instead of just stopping at stock boost

well I'm sure there's been an increase in psi since installing the exhaust, but what I think the downpipe is really good for is faster spool-up.

Here are a few GHL side shots of the tip. The tip does not stick out like it originally did.

Attachments

• ghl (2).JPG
    ghl (2).JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 270
  • ghl (1).JPG
    ghl (1).JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 242
**********-howd u get the tip not to stick out so much...mine does a few inches...i'd like it better if it looked like yours did...looks like more of a stock fit...

Loosen all the clamps up to the S pipe, and adjust the connections. Most all bolt on exhausts are adjustable if it doesn't sit properly. Just unbolt the clamps or flanges and move 'er around.

bump... do you need to get a s-pipe gasket when installing this exhaust? I read though and just noticed people were pricing these. Will the Mazda s-pipe gasket work? Anyone have a part #? My buddy works for Mazda and can get me parts very cheap. Thanks. Sorry if I missed the answer in this thread.

Oh ok so its kinda like a small version of the exhaust manifold gasket.....

OMG I just read through this entire thread. wow im impressed with my patience. if only i could get this tb now. i just have clutch first and maybe a lightend flywheel to take care of. but after that, ground controls, ghl s-pipe / dp with apex 3" catback with their optional black muffler omg orgasim just thinking of it. cant wait till this dream becomes a reality!!!

take it easy
-dave

Latest posts

Back