Eternal Blue

Well _ suppose that your experience is such - as I sold Mazdas as well going back to 1996 thru 2015-( of course Mazda didnt have fully independent dealers then ) and In the area I lived , Grey, and Red for some reason --- Now I live in the southwest -- White is KIng , and the dark colors get discounted if the dealers get stuck with , blacks or blues - . It fully about the heat factor -- not the liking of white or silver --
I enjoyed selling Mazdas -- How is it these days ? I bet you do well !
this might explain why the mazda dealer i got my cx-5 from was right next to a ford dealer (with the same company name and some shared employees).

knot shore eye can agree on the paint quality being as good as lexus, in my experience at least. the actual colors are not far off and often more creative, but quality is another thing. i didn't really like red before getting my '17 soul red GT, but it's definitely won me over.

I was actually referring to the panel gaps and not the paint, though I see it wasn't entirely clear in the post. ;) (see here) I've had 2 Lexus models and they are great cars. But I bought both used because they are so expensive new - actually, my CX-5 is the first car I've bought new. What I like about Mazda is that they don't have a separate luxury brand like Honda and Toyota, so there's no sandbagging in terms of the overall quality level - Toyota deliberately holds back on material quality in the RAV4 to make room for the Lexus NX, and Honda does the same with the CR-V and Acura RDX. When I bought it in 2019, neither the RAV4 or CR-V compared for less than $26K new. RAV4 came or still comes with with cheap reflector headlights, steel wheels, cheap plastic steering wheel, etc. None of that on the CX-5: good projector headlights, alloys, leather steering wheel all standard.

Last edited:
In my opinion the Soul Red paint looks like it could cost a lot more than it does.

1705676995425.png

One manufacturer whose paint I'm not impressed with is Hyundai. It's not defective but it sure doesn't impress. Just doesn't have the same saturation or reflectivity.

1705677095857.png

this might explain why the mazda dealer i got my cx-5 from was right next to a ford dealer (with the same company name and some shared employees).
Theres a similar place near me - and i do not go there ~ the Ford people and Mazda are the same in service etc - like oil & water

Latest posts

Back