EBC pads and Rotors

Puckpimp71

:
1991 Taurus SHO, 2003 Black Mazdaspeed Protege
Thanks to Steve @ NSN they're on the way! Can't wait... Any body else have that set up? What do you think of it?

I got the EBC pads but not EBC rotors. Did you just go with the blanks? Greenstuff pads? Let us know how they work out. I like my yellowstuffs with KVR rotors.

I'm in the market for pads now... I was looking at the greenstuff pads since that is what they recommend for street use. Aren't the yellowstuff too harsh for everyday driving? How about the redstuff? How much are they at nsn?

I was going to use the redstuff, but on EBC's site they claimed the Yellow Stuff was good for aggressive street use, which is daily driving in Miami.

Keep us updated. I plan on doing this in the spring when I need new brakes. EBC slotted and dimpled for the fronts, blanks in the rear, and GreenStuff pads is the setup I am going with. I'll be buying from Steve too, since he has helped me out a lot with my Lancer and now my MSP.

They should ship to me next week... For the money EBC rotors seem to be the way to go. The dimpled rotors appear to be a little more durable than the x-drilled at the expense of a little stopping power and EBC are already zinc treated for about the same price as other un-treated rotors.

ONRAILS said:
I'm in the market for pads now... I was looking at the greenstuff pads since that is what they recommend for street use. Aren't the yellowstuff too harsh for everyday driving? How about the redstuff? How much are they at nsn?

The coefficient of friction of the greens and yellows is exactly the same - really the only difference in them is how they respond to heat. The greens will bite more when cold but fade a little when hot, the yellows bite more when hot and don't fade much.

I had to go to EBC's website for pics and info, but it really doesn't matter. I'm not upgrading my brakes because they look good on the web.

I got my greenstuffs from Steve @NSN. They are nice, they still dust some, but not nearly as much as my track pads were dusting the wheels. They stop pretty well too.

Did the front pads and rotors today. It's kinda noisy, even when the brakes aren't engaged. I think that's part of the break-in period, but tomorrow, I'll double check the bolts and make sure everything's in tight. The rotors look nice and aren't as loud as true cross drilled rotors. Overall feel is light braking is the same as stock if not a little less strong, mainly when cold. After a trip around the block to get the brakes warm and under strong braking I'd say they bite significantly harder than stock. When I get the rears in I'll post more comments.

I thought my yellowstuffs were slightly louder than stock at first, but now they have either quieted down or I've gotten used to it. To be honest I don't notice any noises from them anymore even when I listen for it except if I brake extremely hard. So yeah, give it a couple days. Also, did you remember to install the anti-rattle shims? Those things are so easy to overlook...

No you don't get any shims with the EBC pads but the stockers SHOULD fit on the EBC pads. Mine fit on there just fine. Granted I have yellowstuffs but I wouldn't think the greenstuffs would be any different as far as size/fit.

Back