Decisions, Decisions!!

ha look again what i wrote and there is your answer. its not bouncy at all. the car doesn't roll or dive anymore and feels firm.

Mistersix, I'm kind of in the same position as you, just getting ready for some springtime performance parts, and I'm leaning towards CPE SRI, SU TMIC, Forge BPV. I may want to play with a boost controller after that, because apparently the efficiency increases and the turbo doesn't have to work as hard to make the same boost... but you can safely increase the boost back to stock levels for a nice gain.

For me I chose TMIC over AP because it's a pretty basic swap, and I won't have to tinker with maps and fine tuning. I'll save that for a little later, when I've put on all the parts I'm interested in, and THEN I'll be ready to fine tune, and probably set up an "economy" and "sport" mode, like a few people have done successfully.

Oh, and I'll also be looking at step colder Denso plugs. Right now I'm sitting on the TWM Stage 2 short shifter and SU motor mount, which I have yet to install, but supposedly make the car feel a good deal nicer when shifting.

street yes i see that now (doh)! what can i say it was early.

you have a point oj i was thinkin the same thing today. get the bolt ons then worry about the tune. but i had my lancer on nice tune and it made a huge diff. kinda why i lean toward engine management. i know it works.

btw that motor mount (if its the rear one) kicks arse. after i put it on, which was pretty easy, i wished i had not waited so long. it makes a nice improvement in shift feel and tames the bang during aggresive shifting. it should be the first thing anyone does to this car IMO.

i also love the feel of the weighted shift knob. huge improvement over stock.

Back