DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) is my new workout plan...

Hey that's cool and I'll likely take you up on your offer to answer questions about modding the MyMyBox pad as I'm planning to buy one and was going to do your mod for extra sensitivity.

Right now I'm just using a Mad Catz soft pad that's actually for my X-Box, though I've been using it on my PSOne a lot lately as it plays on that as well and it's on a piece of plywood. I find that I know the steps for songs but get a lot of ghost steps or missed steps even though I know I hit the damn arrow so it can get pretty frustrating.

How long have you had your MyMyBox pad...I'm just curious about it's durability over time as I play a fair bit so I want it to last.

I can give you a huge thread that's all about different ddr pads and whatnot, cause i know there's better ones out there than mymyboxes. I've had mine almost a year, but i work so much i usually don't even play too often. It's a really good ddrpad, it was just not sensitive at all, now it responds with the slightest tap on any of the arrow, not just the middle.

The link to the thread is on DDRFreak, if theres any question about metal pads or any soft pads, it can be found on this site.

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2 click on 'console games' and the first 4-6 threads are stickies, they have all the info anyone could ask for.

Yeah I've read those actually. :) If I could afford it, I'd get the Cobalt Flux one, but that's $300 US....after conversion and shipping, I'd be paying over $400 canadian for just a pad!

btw, if you would like to get your fingers in shape, follow this link :).

www.flashflashrevolution.com

also, if you wanna see some badass ddr players, search kazaa for A-Team (korean ddr team). there's also a vid of a guy c-walking while playing ddr. that's pretty tite.

LinuxRacr said:
I bought DDR MAX 2 yesterday. Now all I need is a metal pad at home. **** the soft ones!

nice, how much, i need a copy. I got some friend who work for gamestop, might need to go talk to them.

I bought it for $42 and some change total from GameStop on South Cooper and Mayfield in Arlington. I just also bought this metal pad off Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I personally played on it at Anime Owns You in Ft. Worth, and it works great. I bought a copy of DDR Max 2 yesterday. All the peices are coming together! Time to do the *essential* mod on that biyatch!

Total for that pad shipped: $139 + $60 (shipping) = $199

The starting bid was $135, and the buy it now option was $139. :wtf:

When I get a chance, I wanna pick up a decent DDR pad (either USB, or get one with the PS to PC adapter), and download the PC version.

No dual pad yet, but here is the one pad I recieved last week:

aDSCF0045.JPG

This picture was taken at a meet hosted by the DFW RX-7 club where all kinds of cars showed up. I was toting this thing to work to workout during break. :D You can still see the wrinkles from the protective plastic still on the arrows. TX Speed Demon's car is next to mine.

I dont mean to offend anyone who plays this stupid game but my room mate at Sam HOuston State plays this every night and he is really good at it. he even has to pads and jumps across them and stuff on the hardes of the songs. although this might be entertaining to the payer, i want to let you know that no matter how good you get you still look like a dumb ass jumping on a bunch of arrows on a pad... the game in my opinon is stupid...even if it does supliment as a workout the game just is dumb. i might have come to this conclusion based on my roomate is a total ass and thinks that since he plays the game and is pretty good at it he is GOD...it might be a good workout but it i can gaurentee you that it is not as good as getting in the gym and working out. if this is a game that floats your boat them go for it but i think that it i the stupidest thing ever. (Just my opinion)
-Noxide (rofl2)

I just love when people feel that you can be insulting as you want, but as long as you put "I don't mean to offend", then you can say whatever you feel like.

I don't mean to offend, but you are the world's biggest ass(just my opinion)....see how insincere that sounds?

The "stupidest thing ever".....ummm you yourself admit that it has positive benefits so how can it be dumber than say for instance sitting around vegging on a couch eating deep fried bacon fat as an example?

As far as building muscle, nope it doesn't do much of that, but as for cardio, I find the only thing I personally get a better workout from is jogging. Not only that, but because I have so much fun(as do others who play) while doing it, I'll often go for an hour or two at a time, something I'm far less likely to do on a treadmill!

BigBlue said:
I just love when people feel that you can be insulting as you want, but as long as you put "I don't mean to offend", then you can say whatever you feel like.

I don't mean to offend, but you are the world's biggest ass(just my opinion)....see how insincere that sounds?

The "stupidest thing ever".....ummm you yourself admit that it has positive benefits so how can it be dumber than say for instance sitting around vegging on a couch eating deep fried bacon fat as an example?

As far as building muscle, nope it doesn't do much of that, but as for cardio, I find the only thing I personally get a better workout from is jogging. Not only that, but because I have so much fun(as do others who play) while doing it, I'll often go for an hour or two at a time, something I'm far less likely to do on a treadmill!

I am glad i got the highest award for being such a ass!! (rofl) ...i agree with you though...it is better than sitting on the couch and not doing anything but eating chips and hot sauce...but in my opinion no matter the benifits it still looks GAY. I have this opinion of the game because my gay ass roomate plays and always reminds me of how stupid it is...so you can blame my opinions of this on him...THanks (rofl2)

Latest posts

Back