CX-60 Egress query

JazzandBoo

CX-60 Homura 🚗
I bought a PHEV Homura in Soul Crystal Red in March. Great car and I had time to test drive nearly all of the competition so I know how it compares. I came really close to buying the Lexus NX but £10k more plus a 3 month waiting list...
But I’m now starting to question my sanity and I’d appreciate some help;

When stopping and undoing the seatbelt the steering wheel goes back and up. I could have sworn that the seat used to lower and go back. I think it stopped and I noticed as I was banging my head on the way out of the car. I took it to the dealer who queried Mazda who say that it will go back, if I had the seat further forward, but it never goes down. So have i remembered a feature of another car and I’m losing my marbles or did it used to lower and has now stopped?

My seat never moves with my driver profile, only steering wheel goes back and up.
But if some guest have been driven, both seat and steering wheel will adjust to my profile.

My seat goes back, but not down. This system is not specifically for SUVs, it's mounted in other Mazdas as well, and not every car is this high off the ground, I guess that's why it only moves the seat back to aid getting in and out.
Now on some occasions I also experienced a situation when only the wheel went up, but the seat didn't move - I think it was when I was leaving in a hurry before that and opened the door before the seat fully retracted, something like that, but I'm not sure. I also had a case today when the system didn't recognize me on account of my sunglasses :) I had to manually choose my name and confirm it's me. Other than that, 99% of the time it works perfectly. Remember, you can always turn it off and go to good old seat memory positions.

Last edited:
just find out that under the menu "Assistance with entry/exit*" if set to partially instead of normal, seat moves a lot when car is turned off, try that.

just find out that under the menu "Assistance with entry/exit*" if set to partially instead of normal, seat moves a lot when car is turned off, try that.
It moves more, but still horizontally, as far as I could tell. To be frank I was also hoping it would go down, so I don't have to go over the "hump" of the seat edge and slide down into the seat, but I guess it's the nature of the beast called SUV :)

Back