2013~2016 CX-5 squeaky power door lock actuator?

I plan to take mine in next month. It's just an annoyance but is consistent now. The drivers door is the only one with issue.

I thought Mazda wasn't going to contact me but the part came in and I'm currently waiting for them to replace the actuator.

Dealer heard it but told me there isn't anything they can do it about it right now. Corporate told them to wait for the updated part as per an upcoming TSB. Service dept rep told me they could replace actuator but every one they have done so far starts making noise again in a month or so. I'll just wait it out for now.

Mine does it too but only in the winter when it's cold and usually when I push the unlock button twice. I think it's just the grease getting gelled up from the cold and that there isn't anything mechanically wrong. To me it's just a quirk for this SUV. I wouldn't want a tech tearing apart my doors and it's guts as I've learned they often do more damage than good.

The front passenger door on my 2013 was doing this, primarily in cold temperatures and only when pressing unlock. First time it was in with the dealer for that and the TSB mirror fix, they couldn't replicate it. I took a video like others here suggested and showed it to the service advisor. He then ordered the part without having to observe it in person and they took care of it.

If mine keeps up in the next couple of months I will take back in and insist on replacement. It seems to happen in all temps.

3 out of my 4 door locks have done this since the first week of ownership. It doesn't happen all of the time, but more than once in a while. Hopefully as has been indicated, Mazda will issue a TSB and provide an updated part. Its clear that the current design is flawed and given the amount of people having the problem, its doubtful that its just a bad batch.

Been having squeaky door and door lock for a while now.. more noticeable during winter time or on cold mornings. But haven't taken my car to Mazda yet. So many small things I need them to go over/check and fix lol

It took 3 weeks to get the replacement parts in, but I'm having the squeaky lock actuators, the Bluetooth unit and USB replaced this weekend. Hopefully the service department will be able to investigate all of the rattles while I'm there and also figure out why air blows in through the front windows if I don't push out on the glass while I'm driving.

I might need to see if PN has changed between '15 & '16.

Driver's door is consistent but left rear and right front passenger squawk a couple times a week.

Dunno if anybody has posted a video of this, but here is mine.

I went to the dealer yesterday to get an oil change and the door lock noise addressed. And of course it decides to remain quiet during it's visit, but comes right back up the next day. I will show this to the dealer and see if he'll accept this as proof, as I did not have video before.

Its warm out now (highs in the 60's) and mine aren't making that noise anymore.

I think I have heard it now on 3 of the 4 locks. Only the right rear has never made a noise. Both on left side exhibit the sound about 3 out of 5 actuations. I agree warmer temps to make it go away some. The new BT module made me forget about it some but I plan to keep on dealer about it. It was the only thing I ragged on in the surveys they have been sending me.

I have heard on all 4 locks now. 75% of the time on an unlock or lock operation I will hear the noise. It is loud enough to hear outside the vehicle. I guess I need to hit up the dealer again. Temps seem to be irrelevant now.

Does anyone have an update to the actuator quacks? My 2013 has been doing this since I can remember...just wondering if there's an updated part to remedy the problem. Thanks!

Does anyone have an update to the actuator quacks? My 2013 has been doing this since I can remember...just wondering if there's an updated part to remedy the problem. Thanks!

I too would like to know...........any update?

So far nobody has reported the actuator actually failing to operate, merely makes noise. This suggests it won't break, at least, not for a long while.

Back