2013~2016 CX-5 squeaky power door lock actuator?

Kedis82ZE8

'15 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
Anyone have any squeaky power door lock actuators? My driver's door gives off a slight squeak sound on close action actuation. Not a biggie but might take in to dealer in a month or two. If not under warranty I would tear apart and lube up but will let warranty do it's job while in effect.

My drivers door lock actuator also squeaks, but mine only squeaks when I press the door unlock button twice (to unlock all doors)
It doesn't always squeak, but when it does it's not hard to hear.
I'll also be taking mine to the dealer at some point, to fix this and to have a number of TSB's addressed before my warranty runs out in a couple thousand miles.

Yep - I had the passenger side rear door actuator replaced. It started with an occasional squeak and then a few months later would do it on lock/unlock every time. Every now and then I still hear a squeak and I think it might actually be the new actuator.

Mine door farts very rarely when the doors unlock at engine shutoff. It isn't a single door; all the different doors have done it at least once.

same here, my car is in service now (oil change and annual Body check - rust check) I'll ask service manager to take look.

Last edited:
I've had to have both left side door actuators replaced because of the noise. It only happened from time to time so I had to record it so they could hear it at the dealership. While they were replacing the driver's door actuator, the tech said he heard the left rear door doing it as well. So they ordered one for that door and replaced it too. I think they got a bad batch from a vendor.

Mine does it also, although I would not call it a squeek, maybe a squaak, it's more a mid/low frequency noise. Happens once in a while, never realy thought anything about it...

Mine does it also, although I would not call it a squeek, maybe a squaak, it's more a mid/low frequency noise. Happens once in a while, never realy thought anything about it...

The service tech who replaced mine called it a "buzz," but that's not entirely accurate either. On the work order they wrote "squeal" (my description).

Thanks for posting about this. I played around with the lock button and no longer hear it. I, usually hear it when shifting out of park.

Well I made an appointment, decided to wait at the dealer. Any indication how long this process might take?

If this is the first time in for this problem, you may be looking at 2 trips. One to diagnose/ order the part. Another to install. If it's something that's an intermittent issue (like mine was), I'd recommend recording the noise on your phone so you can let them hear it if it decides to play nice that day. That's what I did and from that recording they went ahead and ordered/ replaced the actuator without it actually doing it for the tech on that first visit. So the first trip for me was basically an in/ out deal.

The install itself was something like an hour or so (IIRC).

I had to cancel my appointment since I couldn't replicate the issue and record it. Didn't want to waste anyone's time.

On mine the sound was occurring on unlock too.... it has stopped though the last few weeks.

I made an appointment to have it inspected with a video recording handy. The tech knew about the sound so he didn't bother watching it. Part ordered and I'll be expecting a call to schedule another appointment. Didn't expect things to go so smoothly.

Mine seems to happen about every 1/3 time or I go a longer stretch. I just need to find a time to get it done. It's one of those small annoyance issues that for me anyway is easy to procrastinate about for repair.

Been having that issue lately too... driver door, usually when pulling to a stop after driving and hitting all door unlock on the door panel. Thanks for the heads as I thought I was just going crazy imagining that.

Back