CX-5 Concepts at Osaka Automesse

Antoine

Administrator
I had a chance to drop by the Automesse in Osaka, Japan this past weekend and Mazda had a couple CX-5 concepts on display...Here are a few pics I took...

I believe this one is called the Mazda CX-5 Signature Style...

index.php

The other one is called the CX-5 Motorsports Concept if I'm not mistaken...

index.php

index.php

I do like this exhaust tip setup...

index.php

index.php

index.php

What does everyone think..? Do you like what Mazda has done here or not..? Thoughts?

PS...For more pics and to host pics, be sure to check out our Photos / Media section if you haven't already...Here's the link...

Thanks for taking a look!

Looks like the autoexe rear valiance and exhaust set up on the Motorsport version

Motorsport without the letters is amazing.
Dual exhaust look so nice. May be the will come with cx5 speed some day :))
Dreams dreams...I do miss the mazda 3 speed days :)

I had a chance to drop by the Automesse in Osaka, Japan this past weekend and Mazda had a couple CX-5 concepts on display...Here are a few pics I took...

index.php

New CX-5 branding/emblem is a little bigger and easier to read. The CX-5 continues to be Mazda's most important product and biggest seller.

Last edited:
OMG Did I see a light colored interior rather than black in picture #2 down with a light blue exterior? Ed

I dislike the black rims. In fact they rarely look good on any car. Regarding the exhaust tips, they look "boy racer" to me. It's an inline 4 banger and doesn't need 4 tips to try and make it look like there is some cubic inch muscle under the hood.
I did add slightly larger diameter tips to my GT-R but it was because the cut outs in the rear valance were so much larger than the factory exhaust tips that it looked odd. It was not an attempt to make the car look like there was some powerful mill under the hood.

Wow, those look amazing! The CX-5 looks fantastic with the bigger wheels and fatter tires.

2017 CX-5 has a Kuroi sports pack sold in EU / Australia and Japan. Basically covers for your rear mirrors / wheels / strips running along front and back of the CX5. 2017 looks good, should be same for 18/19. I believe cost is in the $300-500 range excl. wheels which are probably 1200+.

Not a fan of the first one (Signature Style), or any second-gen CX-5 that tries for the “rugged” look.

The other looks interesting though. I’ll take those tailpipes!

Great to know your thoughts, everyone...I wish I had taken more detailed pics but time was limited and it's not easy to get a clear view with lots of foot traffic around (a good thing though for Mazda).

They need to get that pano roof out of concept and into production! That's really the only thing missing on ours that I wish it had.

Nice pics. Wondering how those Toyo OCs on the Sig sound rolling down the road at 70mph...can't really see the point of putting that level tire or a street-poundin' uni-body.

Back