CX-5 2016 Blown Head Gasket :(

Hi guys. I own a 2016 CX5 2.2 diesel auto Sport Nav which has done 64,000 miles. Always serviced by Mazda and on latest service they said the head gasket had gone as coolant had sprayed a small amount over then engine and the coolant was polluted. The car drives perfectly with no other symptoms.
Although currently out of warranty I have asked if Mazda will contribute/stand the repairs due to age/mileage and always been serviced by themselves. Fingers crossed but any other guys experienced the same with such a new car?

A five-year-old vehicle is hardly a “new” car, but that engine has a history of problems.

Hi guys. I own a 2016 CX5 2.2 diesel auto Sport Nav which has done 64,000 miles. Always serviced by Mazda and on latest service they said the head gasket had gone as coolant had sprayed a small amount over then engine and the coolant was polluted. The car drives perfectly with no other symptoms.
Although currently out of warranty I have asked if Mazda will contribute/stand the repairs due to age/mileage and always been serviced by themselves. Fingers crossed but any other guys experienced the same with such a new car?
This’s a known issue for Mazda’s SkyActiv-D 2.2L diesel and it’ll happen anytime without warnings. Some countries such as Taiwan, ROC has a mandated (after many CX-5 diesel customers protested to the government) extended warranty to the engine for live which made Mazda Taiwan stopped importing the popular diesel into the country. Mazda Australia seems to be also pretty friendly to replace the engine for free when the problem happens without warranty in most cases.

If I were you I’d get rid of the CX-5 diesel ASAP.

Blown head gasket for CX-5 Diesel

Recalled for potential issues with diesel engines between 2012-2018

2.2L CX-5 Diesel head gasket blown...DIY fix?

2015 Mazda CX-5 engine replacement?

It is the age identifier on UK licence plates that changes every 6 months - '66 plate' means car registered sep 2016 to feb 2017 [inclusive]. Followed by '17 plate' [mar 2017 to aug 2017], then '67 plate' etc i.e. it is either the registration 'year' or the 'year + 50'
Makes sense if your a bureaucrat!
Some more description at
www.express.co.uk/news/uk/705397/66-plate-when-does-registration-plate-come-out-September-2016-how-system-work-year-age-car
Thanks for the explanation, I think. lol

If you really want to blow your mind, the size/font/colour/layout etc of UK licence plates is fixed [with a few variations] so that they can be recognised by images from an ANPR [Automatic Number Plate Recognition] cameras within a few secs. Often used for speeding [not just instantaneous speed, but average by images taken apart by a distance of miles] - also police sit at the side of the road with a portable camera and then get notified if a passing car is speeding/no insurance or tax/stolen/connected to some crime etc.
Some more info at
www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/106377/uk-speed-cameras-explained

Back