Chrome turn signal bulbs

Number2

:
2009 Mazdaspeed 3
I remember seeing somewhere, a link for a set of chrome bulbs that are a replacement for the amber bulbs in the headlights and tail lights for a mazdaspeed 3. ('07-'09) After searching, I could only find a website that offers this, www.autolumination.com but I don't know what to order.

Any help or links would be great,

Thanks!

I remember seeing somewhere, a link for a set of chrome bulbs that are a replacement for the amber bulbs in the headlights and tail lights for a mazdaspeed 3. ('07-'09) After searching, I could only find a website that offers this, www.autolumination.com but I don't know what to order.

Any help or links would be great,

Thanks!
Which bulbs are you replacing?

The turn signal bulbs in the headlight are 1157. And if I'm not mistaken the rear turn signals are 7440. Hope this helps. :)

Although they do look 100X better than the stock amber bulbs, they're not as bright when lit. Just keep that in mind. I noticed this when I switched out mine.

yeah, definitely not as bright.

Also, if you have the GT with stock HID's, you will have to remove the bumper to remove the headlights to get to the corner bulbs. Pretty sure there isn't any other way. Gets easier the more you do it though.

I'm interested in how this looks. Definately post some pictures up when you get them in.

Would the brightness even matter? It is the turn signals/hazards we are talking about isn't it?

Pretty sure there isn't any other way. Gets easier the more you do it though.

There is another way to do it...I've done it a couple times. Undo the clips to the front fender liners and reach your arm/hand into the area behind the headlights that way. You'll have a few scrapes afterwards, but it takes a lot less time.

I'm interested in how this looks. Definately post some pictures up when you get them in. Would the brightness even matter? It is the turn signals/hazards we are talking about isn't it?

I guess the brightness issue is dependent on the owner. For me it did matter during the day as it wasn't as noticeable when they were flashing. Don't get me wrong, it's probably still plenty bright for most folks. I just personally prefer it to be brighter so my car is more noticeable when I'm making a turn. So I eventually went back to the stock bulbs.

Pics of when they were installed - no denying that it cleans up the look of the headlights and tail lights:

IMG_0010-1.jpg

IMG_0011-1.jpg

IMG_0005-1.jpg

Last edited:
I did this tonight on both my MS3 and my Mazda5; like Hank said, through the wheel well is the easiest way and you'll have some scrapes afterwards...especially if you're doing it 4 times.

Last edited:
Back