Can we put the max tire size issue to rest?

I've decided when the time comes I'm going to go all out and get 235/40/18s on my 18x7.5 +45 wheels lowered 1" on cobb springs....Probably won't be till spring/summer though (when stockers run out) I'll let you guys know how it goes.

.If you guys are all about show car looks and pimping then go with 8.5 19" chromes 5 spoke 45mm

I agree with you about nineteens. However 8.5 is not about "show", its all about (drive2).

Now, take a look at the 18x8.5 Wedsports there, those fit but you've gotta use 235/40-18. The very slight difference between a 245/40-18 and the previous is just enough to rub.

Hey man I have yet to prove one way or the other, next set of tires is going to be 245; I still have tons of room,(uhm) right? I wish I had odered 245, that gaps huge.:)

Attachments

• ms3 026.jpg
    ms3 026.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 122
I meant rubbing on the outside, not that super-tight clearance on the inside. That will more be tire-dependent. Some tires have large rim protection beads, some don't. This will be more important then the tire size for you. But a 245 (which I hope DOES fit) may rub on the back end. A fender roll may be necessary.

I agree with you about nineteens. However 8.5 is not about "show", its all about (drive2).

Hey man I have yet to prove one way or the other, next set of tires is going to be 245; I still have tons of room,(uhm) right? I wish I had odered 245, that gaps huge.:)

Himmm I don`t really like to reveal my secrets but they are 5Zigen Gravis1 Chrome with Kumho Ecsta I paid 1600usd shipped with nitrogen and balanced on a special 4 months ago i don`t know if you can get them that cheap now but i don`t know call them and ask them.

Wheelstudio.com

Sorry correction i got them from ewheelz in California
E-Wheelz.com
M.V.A Tire, Inc.
10707 Valley Mall Street
El Monte, California 91731
United States
Phone: 626-579-1182
Fax: 626-579-6454
document.writeln('Email: '+parent.parent.extra.core.contact+'
'); Email:
info@e-wheelz.com
http://e-wheelz.com/enter.html
Std. Phone: 626-579-1182
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 am- 6:00 pm (Pacific) Saturday

http://ewheelz.com/aaa/enter.html?target=gram_lights_specials.html

17x7 with 48mm to 50mm offset and 225/45-17 tires seems to be the widest you can go with guarenteed no clearance problems, even if you lower the car. It also has the same diameter as the OEM tires. This is so much wider than the OEM setup that I don't know why anyone would want to try and go wider.

17x7 with 48mm to 50mm offset and 225/45-17 tires seems to be the widest you can go with guarenteed no clearance problems, even if you lower the car. It also has the same diameter as the OEM tires. This is so much wider than the OEM setup that I don't know why anyone would want to try and go wider.

???

I'm lost on so many levels with this statement.

The car comes stock with 18x7 wheels, 215/45-18 tires. What is it that you were meaning to say?

How about a Volk RE30 at 18x8.5 with a 52mm offset? Could be the ultimate wheel. Anyone brave enought to try it? Because I don't know if I am.

Attachments

• volkracing_re30_tigrey_ci3_l.jpg
    volkracing_re30_tigrey_ci3_l.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 96
Yea rich enough you could drop around 700 on just one to test fit. If it doesn't work you could have a $700 doorstop.

this is why i've abandoned the big-wheel idear and switched to my 16" FD wheels! xD i know the handling won't be AS nice, but quite honestly, after i put in cobb sways with my 245mm tires, i think i'll deal just fine! ;)

YEa he has the wedsports in an 8.5 width but it was so close that the 8.5 Volks could easily not fit.

How about a Volk RE30 at 18x8.5 with a 52mm offset? Could be the ultimate wheel. Anyone brave enought to try it? Because I don't know if I am.

Ya I was "brave enough"lol. I took measurements and crossed my fingers.
Now you can order wheels this wide knowing they will fit. My wheels are 53mm. stock is 52.5mm. 52 or 53 are the ideal offset for this car. a half mm from stock is negligable.

somebody here alrite have 18x8.5 wedsport !? jp4130

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3587583
Thanks for clearing that up.
YEa he has the wedsports in an 8.5 width but it was so close that the 8.5 Volks could easily not fit.

That one mm will give you a hair more space away from the strut.
Absolutly perfect wheels for the speed. Get them or wheel in that exact size.
That is the best setup imo.

But there could be a difference between the two manufacturers in the lip width. I know the wedsports work but I would still be scared to try the volks even though technically ther should be 1mm more clearance.

But there could be a difference between the two manufacturers in the lip width. I know the wedsports work but I would still be scared to try the volks even though technically ther should be 1mm more clearance.

The lip of the rim would have to be outragously thick; I doubt that will be the case with such a light rim.
Don't be scared.lol

Latest posts

Back